Epcot: This may sound really silly, but ....

UNCgolf

Yes. 80's electronic music was the height of humanity's musical achievement. The purity of sine waves without all that nasty timbre and resonance is perfection!

I'm assuming it's at least 90% nostalgia. I absolutely love the EPCOT entrance loop too, but I know it's because it takes me back to being a kid and visiting what was easily the best and most impressive theme park ever built. The original pavilions' music loops are similar -- some are better than others but they all give that same feeling.

There are certain stretches in the entrance loop that I think are pretty good regardless of the nostalgia, but a lot of it is not.

ppete1975

I think the secondary entrance is awesome for certain situations.
a) keeps congestion down in the front as everyone doesnt have to enter in the same way
b) you are just going to a festival
c) youve been to epcot several times and youre ok missing the beauty that is the front area, for a calmer entrance.
d) if you are staying at one of the hotels that can just walk over there

Goofyernmost

We got the monorail once.
Always get the ferry, It always reminds us of the very first time we crossed seven seas lagoon and got our fist glimpse of the castle as the ferry rounded the island.
Absolutely... 👍 I like the monorail so I use it to hop to Epcot at least twice when I visit, but in my mind nothing compares to the ferry ride going to MK.

DisneyNittany

We're Swalphin people, so I personally love the IG entrance. However, I do prefer the main entrance at night. Nothing like riding the monorail around Future World and then entering the park and walking under Space Earth while it's all lit up.

IG entrance is super peaceful though, and really being able to walk directly into Epcot from our hotel is what really makes me "feel at Disney World".

EngineerMom

I totally get it but I have less nostalgia for Epcot than MK. We love to stay at crescent lake and go in the back entrance. I was sorry they decided to have the skyliner go to that entrance. But I like the "back entrance "

I like taking the bus to MK for efficiency but miss the monorail especially when it goes through the contemporary. Did it that way for our kids 1st visit and they loved it

OG Runner

I use both entrances on my last trip, in January of this year and the following are my impressions. :D
The main entrance is much more of a show stopper. The sights, the sounds, the whole atmosphere.
The international gateway is much quieter, easier to get through and right there as you get off of
the Skyliner. Finally, the toss up is what are you going to EPCOT for. If it is the the rides in Future
World you want the main entrance. If you are going to the World showcase, go through the international
gateway. I have run a few Disney races and can tell you there is a little more than a mile between the
two entrances. Choose wisely Disney Travelers!!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I use both entrances on my last trip, in January of this year and the following are my impressions. :D
The main entrance is much more of a show stopper. The sights, the sounds, the whole atmosphere.
The international gateway is much quieter, easier to get through and right there as you get off of
the Skyliner. Finally, the toss up is what are you going to EPCOT for. If it is the the rides in Future
World you want the main entrance. If you are going to the World showcase, go through the international
gateway. I have run a few Disney races and can tell you there is a little more than a mile between the
two entrances. Choose wisely Disney Travelers!!!
Agreed -- the front entrance is closer to the rides! As for the distance, it probably feels like more than a mile when you run it, but even taking construction into account, it measures out to about 6 to 7 tenths of a mile.

OG Runner

Agreed -- the front entrance is closer to the rides! As for the distance, it probably feels like more than a mile when you run it, but even taking construction into account, it measures out to about 6 to 7 tenths of a mile.
Running in the marathon, the 25 mile mark is on the bridge between England & France. The 26 mile mark is next to Spaceship Earth. .2 miles to the finish in the parking lot. That is what I am going by.

LastoneOn

Yes, it is. Funny thing, the first time I ran the marathon, I saw a very uplifting sign going into Epcot. At that point I really felt great
inside, coming over the bridge. They take photos on the course and when I got mine I looked like death warmed over.
I don't do the "endurance stud" look too well either.

We used to love to ride the monorail from TTC to Epcot, but with the current construction (or at least last time we were there) it is not a pretty site. A better view coming in on the gondolas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom