PoTC Shanghai Ride System At WDW

Raineman

Original Poster
If the PoTC Shanghai ride system were to be duplicated at WDW, what would you theme the attraction to, and what park/land would you put it in? I could see it at DHS, maybe an Indiana Jones dark ride where the Stunt Spectacular is now.

PostScott

Indy-

This is the best representation of an Indy ride with that ride model. I think this attraction would do a great service to the original DL Indy ride. It would be similar enough in tone and excitement, but different enough to warrant California people to go out to Florida to ride it.

Since it's based in Rome, make an Italy pavilion and make this the new headliner attraction in Epcot.

nickys

Premium Member
Indy-

This is the best representation of an Indy ride with that ride model. I think this attraction would do a great service to the original DL Indy ride. It would be similar enough in tone and excitement, but different enough to warrant California people to go out to Florida to ride it.

Since it's based in Rome, make an Italy pavilion and make this the new headliner attraction in Epcot.

There’s already an Italy pavilion! Probably not enough room for the ride there though.

PostScott

There’s already an Italy pavilion! Probably not enough room for the ride there though.
Whoops, I totally forgot 😂 Sorry, I never really go to Epcot, at least I don't in it's short past/current state. I'll be making more trips to it once (hopefully) the stuff that's in construction is finished.

However, there is alot of space to work with-
1604778347747.png

Make the trees an extension of a queue so there isn't a bottleneck within the small pavilion, the front cube section could be the queue and pre show with load and unload areas and the long rectangle could be the attraction (it's kinda narrow tho so I'm not sure if this is realistic. The Shanghai pirates attraction has huge rooms inside of a huge show building. With this kind of footprint for a show building, the attraction would have to embrace more of a claustrophobic feeling/tone but I'm not sure if that would resonate with guests.)

Now this would never happen 😂 I think if an Indy attraction were to come to WDW, it would either be a mythical area in Animal Kingdom or a land in DHS (with whatever space they have left in that park lol). I think it would work nicely in Epcot and give the pavilions some more attractions, but I don't ever see this coming to Epcot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Whoops, I totally forgot 😂 Sorry, I never really go to Epcot, at least I don't in it's short past/current state. I'll be making more trips to it once (hopefully) the stuff that's in construction is finished.

However, there is alot of space to work with-
View attachment 511312
Make the trees an extension of a queue so there isn't a bottleneck within the small pavilion, the front cube section could be the queue and pre show with load and unload areas and the long rectangle could be the attraction (it's kinda narrow tho so I'm not sure if this is realistic. The Shanghai pirates attraction has huge rooms inside of a huge show building. With this kind of footprint for a show building, the attraction would have to embrace more of a claustrophobic feeling/tone but I'm not sure if that would resonate with guests.)

Now this would never happen 😂 I think if an Indy attraction were to come to WDW, it would either be a mythical area in Animal Kingdom or a land in DHS (with whatever space they have left in that park lol). I think it would work nicely in Epcot and give the pavilions some more attractions, but I don't ever see this coming to Epcot.
Put it east of Germany. Where it was going to go.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Shut yo mouth..............:)
Really there is nowhere for it to fit into without getting rid of the old Pirates - - which I love and want to stay BTW.
Old pirates at WDW is disappointing, unreliable, and the weakest pirates ride out of all park representation... and this is coming from a former Pirates CM. 🤷🏻‍♂️

J4546

I stand by my first comment. But also, maybe you could use it in animal Kingdom as well. Redo Kali river rapids because it is terrible and maybe even use a jungle book theme to it as well. Not overly jungle book but maybe something that actually about Kali river but narrated by the kid of bear or whatever with little pop ups here and there...I dunno. Kali river is terrible though

Poseidon Quest

I know the idea here is utilizing the ride system, but I'd like to see the actual attraction itself come to Hollywood Studios. I feel that the northwest side of the park has a lot of unused/underutilized space that could fit in a major e-ticket.

J4546

I think DHS should expand the indy area and get the indy ride from DL in California, but I wouldnt be suprised if indy went away completely in the next 10 years as its not really a relevant IP in the last 20 years. I could see them replacing it with a marvel area...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I know, I know. I'm in the minority here - but they could use it for the ride in the Planet of the Apes Land that I wish they were going to build in DAK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom