I am not going back to WDW until...

LovePop

1. Disney starts selling annual passes again.
2. All the resorts and their food courts are open (I like visiting them and eating at the food courts).
3. All the playgrounds are open (I have a toddler).
4. Masks and social distancing are no longer required (but maybe recommended.)
5. Parades and Fireworks are back. (I don't watch them, but I like the atmosphere of seeing a parade or fireworks going on somewhere.)
6. All the restaurants must be open.
7. My 3 daily fastpasses

Other conditions I would like to see return but can live without:
1. Minnievans. It was terrible to see them go.
2. Magic Express yellow tag luggage delivery

nickys

Premium Member
I tend to think that's a little bit of wishful thinking on the part of some who don't care for it... It is just a rumor and the rumors have been pretty vague.. I have no doubt that it will change in some way compared to what it was before COVID, but I doubt it's going away completely, especially since they're putting in a FP+ line (and signage) at the new Ratatouille attraction...
The rumour was never that Fastpasses were going away completely, I said the demise of FP+ It also came from an insider who has a good track record. But that is for another thread, several in fact.

The OP’s comments said that he would require 3 advance fastpasses; that is what I as suggesting might not happen.

Upvote 1

yensid67

Our planned September 2022 trip is POSTPONED! I want my first-timers in our group to enjoy the FULL MAGIC of Disney, not just part. We will return in 2023 or after once things get back to normal and parades fireworks and character meetings are back! Sad news, but on the bright side...I can now focus on getting a new car!!!!

Upvote 0

crawale

Boy, since DME luggage is no mas, what's the point of even taking it? Especially on the way back to MCO! That whole nonsense of getting it at least 3-hrs before you flight leaves and then potentially stop at a bunch of resorts and airlines...no thank-you! I'll just take Lyft/Uber and save some time.
Agree. Being able to check in for return flight was a huge incentive for us. Also sometimes the wait for a ME bus was pretty long to get to the hotel. Disney need to return to some of the perks for staying at a Disney Hotel. Right now there is no incentive.

Upvote 0

crawale

1. Disney starts selling annual passes again.
2. All the resorts and their food courts are open (I like visiting them and eating at the food courts).
3. All the playgrounds are open (I have a toddler).
4. Masks and social distancing are no longer required (but maybe recommended.)
5. Parades and Fireworks are back. (I don't watch them, but I like the atmosphere of seeing a parade or fireworks going on somewhere.)
6. All the restaurants must be open.
7. My 3 daily fastpasses

Other conditions I would like to see return but can live without:
1. Minnievans. It was terrible to see them go.
2. Magic Express yellow tag luggage delivery
Add to the list restaurants must return to FULL menus not the limited choice as is now.

Upvote 0

crawale

No park hopping is the worst! I was fortunate to visit the parks last month but definitely missed park hopping. We usually hop over the course of 3 park days and it was nice not to have to rush around to make it to the other parks for once..but I still like having that option. There is only so much you can do in AK in a whole day
Dinner in Epcot when you did not want to spend the whole day at the park. Without entertainment AK is over in a quick morning. I imagine Disney would make so much more revenue, and that;s all they really care about, if the re-instated the park hopping and purchases taken to your hotel. We stayed in September and bought less than we have ever done simply because we did not want to carry things around in 90 degree heat.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Agree. Being able to check in for return flight was a huge incentive for us. Also sometimes the wait for a ME bus was pretty long to get to the hotel. Disney need to return to some of the perks for staying at a Disney Hotel. Right now there is no incentive.
Just wanting to clarify for people that these are two different things.

Checking in luggage to be taken straight to the airport was part of Resort Airline Check-in. It was only available for certain domestic airlines.

The bus back to MCO is Magical Express, for which Disney pay Mears for the service. Mears staff also collected bags at the airport and transported them to the hotels.

Both luggage services are currently suspended. Whether either or both return is unknown.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Boy, since DME luggage is no mas, what's the point of even taking it? Especially on the way back to MCO! That whole nonsense of getting it at least 3-hrs before you flight leaves and then potentially stop at a bunch of resorts and airlines...no thank-you! I'll just take Lyft/Uber and save some time.
Now maybe bc it’s free?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
To reply to the op.....
"

I am not going back to WDW until..​

There IS a functioning WDW, with staff. Let us know when this happens. No staff? No value?
No money.
Maybe you could be a little more specific. Are you meaning you want the entertainment back? More resorts open? Or all amenities back at open resorts? Housekeeping? I’m not sure what you define as “functioning, with staff”.

People are having enjoyable vacations there now. It’s just different, some things aren’t operating. But WDW is functioning.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

I am not going back to WDW until...​

I would say April of 2021...because we have a trip booked..but would like :

Park hopping (big one )
All of our resort’s shops and food are open
Restaurants are all open
Fireworks would be nice
A feeling of being safe

We cancelled two 2020 trips (supposed to be there today..) and even though we have April 2021 booked, would like to see the return of hopping...and all food places open..which is why we usually hopped anyway

The fact that its only 5 months away, and news stories talking about record covid cases per day, make me think I’ll have to wait a little longer ...

Upvote 0

Clamman73

If you‘re thinking about going to Epcot on the weekend, this is what you‘re in for....
79419DAE-6A46-4F83-A03F-35405FE3375F.jpeg
AF799331-B630-4488-96A6-52C390F6185A.jpeg

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Holy mother...was that TODAY??? That is INSANE??? That is worse than it was when we went in June 2018!! Is this because of "Holidays" at WDW and the final days of F&W?? 😬😬

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

As it stands now and depending upon how long this lasts, I won't say that I won't go again. But it will be a very cheap trip likely staying off site and just visiting Disney as a day guest.

Now, for me to go back to the Contemporary Resort and pay that kid of premium rate again, it will require:

- return of fireworks
- return of most shows (especially the electrical water pageant)
- return of Fastpass
- return of tours and dessert parties
- 'Ohana is open again

I realize this probably won't happen until COVID is minimized at best. So guess it will be awhile before I pay any big bucks to Disney again. Right now it is just not worth it for me to stay on property.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom