News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Lots of photos from today in our gallery

Holidays-at-the-Magic-Kingdom_Full_39628.jpg

Gillyanne

I'm not against celebrating the holidays at MK once Halloween is over but can't they at least hold off on Santa until after Thanksgiving?

I'd usually be in the same boat, but we'll be at MK on Wed (and HS Monday) so I'm glad the little will (hopefully) be able to see him riding passed since we won't get to visit him otherwise (she has a call coming from him in a few weeks too thanks to one of our parks and rec)

We got some real nice pictures last year at DS when we visited him in the tree trail, and did a few pics at the photo pass studio. Visiting him this year is out; and it seems like the PP studio is too since we can't upgrade to a gold pass to include pictures...

JohnD

I stood on a dot, then some other people just came right in and couldn’t care less about distance and if the stuck up their phone in front of my view down Main Street.

This has nothing to do with COVID. It's classic behavior when trying to watch a parade. You make a point of getting there ahead of time (okay less time for an on-the-spot cavalcade) to get a good view. Then someone arrives at the last minute and wants to get in front of you. No thanks, bud. If you have a kid shorter than I am, maybe. But otherwise, no dice.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I stood on a dot, then some other people just came right in and couldn’t care less about distance and if the stuck up their phone in front of my view down Main Street.
Yes from reports today and over the past few weeks unfortunately physical distancing is being lost - many guests don't care and there is little enforcement. Disney is remaining strong on masks, but needs to rework its focus on distancing.

PizzaPlanet

Yes from reports today and over the past few weeks unfortunately physical distancing is being lost - many guests don't care and there is little enforcement. Disney is remaining strong on masks, but needs to rework its focus on distancing.
I'm not sure if it's even possible to enforce with crowds of that level. There's always been a certain mob mentality when it is crowded at the parks that is hard to control.

drew81

If parade route looks like this now what will Christmas week look like?

Magic Kingdom Management: “Stop pointing out we aren’t following our own safety rules!”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom