News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Clamman73

99092E42-F066-40E9-BC45-3C3AD86BF775.jpeg
200E06FC-0147-4C61-984E-F66DCA992D7D.jpeg

tirian

A picture is worth a 1000 words, but video usually does the trick. I suggest you mute the video, and pause at around 5m00s

But if I watch that video, YouTube will keep suggesting those to me. o_O;)

Just kidding. I watched that moment, and on an overcast day, it’s still ugly. 🤣

***Frantically checks your profile pic to make sure it’s not your personal video. @Stevie Amsterdam ***

UNCgolf

A picture is worth a 1000 words, but video usually does the trick. I suggest you mute the video, and pause at around 5m00s

It's overcast which definitely has an effect, but it certainly looks better in that video than it does in some photos (like the one posted earlier).

The problem is that it still looks pretty bad in that video and significantly worse than it did before.

_caleb

It's overcast which definitely has an effect, but it certainly looks better in that video than it does in some photos (like the one posted earlier).

The problem is that it still looks pretty bad in that video and significantly worse than it did before.
And worse than it could look.

I'm starting to notice that Disney's track record of great work and sometimes work against them when they do goofy stuff (no pun intended) like this. We know what they're capable of, and this ain't it.

tirian

Video (especially cheap phone video) doesn't have an inherently better color coding than still pictures, sad to say.
Exactly. The AP photo might not be absolutely perfect, but it’s a professional guy who shot and edited it at a skill level much higher than most people.

_caleb

Video (especially cheap phone video) doesn't have an inherently better color coding than still pictures, sad to say.
D’oh! Foiled again!!

Alright. I give up then. I have no idea what the castle actually looks like at this point (but I do know that the old color was better). I will make a trip to WDW as soon as possible to confirm my bias.

Until then, I will continue to consider all photos and video of the castle as merely a vague representation of what the castle truly looks like and will not trust in them to inform my well-formed opinion in any way.

JoeCamel

D’oh! Foiled again!!

Alright. I give up then. I have no idea what the castle actually looks like at this point (but I do know that the old color was better). I will make a trip to WDW as soon as possible to confirm my bias.

Until then, I will continue to consider all photos and video of the castle as merely a vague representation of what the castle truly looks like and will not trust in them to inform my well-formed opinion in any way.
Wear sunglasses, that blue hits like a laser beam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom