News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

_caleb

That would make sense in the abstract, but I don't think anyone is really walking over that grass, are they? Aren't those areas closed off during the day and only open for the special ticket fireworks?

Maybe not.
The "tripping hazard" thing would have to do with the difficulty some people have in walking on any carpeted surface. Disney seems to be trying to get rid of many trip hazards and uneven surfaces across the parks. But specifically, this area is for viewing the castle shows and fireworks, where guests will be looking up, distracted, and in the dark (with dimmed area lighting).

Then again, I believe the shrub planters in the viewing areas do have a raised curb surrounding them, so what do I know?

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
That would make sense in the abstract, but I don't think anyone is really walking over that grass, are they? Aren't those areas closed off during the day and only open for the special ticket fireworks?

Maybe not.
One of them housed the special Photopass spot that showed a wide angle of the castle and zoomed in on you. As of summer 2019, at least.

tirian

Here’s the AP photo which has become the de facto media shot ever since Joe Burbank took it on September 30. It’s a professional photograph of the castle in all its, ahem, glory. This is what it looks like when Pixie Dusters haven’t filtered it to death on Instagram.

Just for fun, I’m including the concept art here too.

A4BCC20D-39CC-41E4-860B-BB28224879FD.jpeg

CDF925BB-89A3-4638-B088-31BCB6BB409E.jpeg

999th Happy Haunt

Here’s the AP photo which has become the de facto media shot ever since Joe Burbank took it on September 30. It’s a professional photograph of the castle in all its, ahem, glory. This is what it looks like when Pixie Dusters haven’t filtered it to death on Instagram.

View attachment 510180

View attachment 510181
That concept art looks so good what happened

lazyboy97o

View attachment 510180

View attachment 510181
It’s just so beautiful! Like a day relaxing in the tanning bed. 😍

tirian

At least paint is relatively easy to fix. Look at the magical monstrosity of unfulfilled dreams they built in Hong Kong.
I’ve been amused by the scary lifestyle YouTubers claiming the Shanghai and Hong Kong castles are “not as bad as they look in pictures” if you *just* fly over and see them in real life!!!!!!!! 😍🥰🤩😚

They generally say the same thing about Florida’s hideous Cinderella Castle.

They do realize that since 1955, Disney Imagineers managed to make things look great in photos and in person, right? 🙄

MerlinTheGoat

View attachment 510180
2134ff50c5370fccf98d557e83e21a8e.jpg

LittleBuford

At least paint is relatively easy to fix. Look at the magical monstrosity of unfulfilled dreams they built in Hong Kong.
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer the new castle to the imitation of Disneyland’s that it replaces (or rather incorporates). Yes, it’s rather overblown, but at least it’s distinctive and suitably grand for its setting. The previous version looked awkwardly dinky against those mountains.

I do agree with you about Cinderella Castle, however. The new paint job is awful.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

View attachment 510180

View attachment 510181

Concept looks a lot like Tokyo's castle IMO

tokyo-disneyland-cinderella-castle-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom