News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

UNCgolf

Maybe the 7am is to try and have it not fill up with 10 seconds? Perhaps they hope that there will be less initial demand at 7am.

They may hope that, but it seems like a foolish one. Considering huge numbers of people were willing to line up at DHS at 7 AM in the past to get one, why would it stop people from doing it from home when it's much easier?

I don't see this helping matters in the slightest; if anything it might make more people angry. Unless they allow you to switch your park reservation that morning if you don't get a boarding group -- that would be the only potential saving grace. That would require the other parks to actually have openings, though.

JohnD

Disney makes securing a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance much more convenient​

Will it be though? I think it will just shift the 10 second window to 7am whereever you are. Last week, for example, I could wake up around 7:30-8am and be out the door close to 9am and in the park before 10. I agree that all time stops at 10am for everyone to focus on getting in on the queue. But I think all that will happen is to force everyone to set their clocks before 7am and make sure they make their virtual queue reservation at 7am. Now that celebrations and groans will just shift a few hours earlier to wherever that day's guests are at the time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe the 7am is to try and have it not fill up with 10 seconds? Perhaps they hope that there will be less initial demand at 7am.

I would think it is to avoid the entire day's worth of guests to all cram into the park at the same time, and then once the BG quick-lottery is over, then overwhelm the lines of all the rides.

There is no need to 'rope drop' just for RotR. And it will stop the long queues for Guest Relations.

JohnD

I would think it is to avoid the entire day's worth of guests to all cram into the park at the same time, and then once the BG quick-lottery is over, then overwhelm the lines of all the rides.

There is no need to 'rope drop' just for RotR. And it will stop the long queues for Guest Relations.

I'm not so sure shifting the queue reservation earlier will make it more convenient as I expressed above. But you may have a point about entry. Bus transportation, Skyliner, and driving to the park could be less jammed at park open because of this. Oh, there will still be the rope drop crowd for other attractions but there won't be the entirety of guests needing to rope drop anymore.

Soccerbrad

They may hope that, but it seems like a foolish one. Considering huge numbers of people were willing to line up at DHS at 7 AM in the past to get one, why would it stop people from doing it from home when it's much easier?

I don't see this helping matters in the slightest; if anything it might make more people angry. Unless they allow you to switch your park reservation that morning if you don't get a boarding group -- that would be the only potential saving grace. That would require the other parks to actually have openings, though.
How does it work if you want to change a park reservation? Are you able to do it day of if there is availability?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Yes that as well

Clamman73

I’m there next week on Wednesday and look forward to give it a shot this way at 7am so it’s out of the way....then I can enjoy a ride or two before 10 and not worry about pausing somewhere trying to get a group.

Ldno

i’m the idiot in this forum who has been trying this novel idea from........... texas!!! ever since a glitch in the system let me get a boarding group from my house back in feb i check it when i can lololol

so do we have to be in a wdw resort or can it be done everywhere?
894AE218-F902-4F8F-A123-6CFA4F98FDAD.jpeg

hihihihihi

9B39587A-4FB0-4A82-9FD6-20D53D3A89BA.jpeg

UNCgolf

This makes the most sense. It's better for Disney operations.

I think it's probably a wash for guests overall. It's not going to help anyone get a boarding group -- if anything it will make it harder. But it will at least give people the chance to switch to another park and not waste a full second day at Hollywood Studios if they can't get a group, which is a really nice change.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I think it's probably a wash for guests overall. It's not going to help anyone get a boarding group -- if anything it will make it harder. But it will at least give people the chance to not potentially waste a fully second day at Hollywood Studios if they can't get a group.
The 7 AM lottery losers then have a choice to make:
1. Do I go to DHS and hope I win the 2 PM lottery, or,​
2. Do I race to enter the quick-lottery to grab an open reservation at another park before all the other 7 AM losers do?​

JohnD

I think it's probably a wash for guests overall. It's not going to help anyone get a boarding group -- if anything it will make it harder. But it will at least give people the chance to not potentially waste a fully second day at Hollywood Studios if they can't get a group, which is a really nice change.

Which means it will also have a ripple effect on park reservations. People will start switching their park reservations on same day. Other parks will fill up and HS will free up.

UNCgolf

The 7 AM lottery losers then have a choice to make:
1. Do I go to DHS and hope I win the 2 PM lottery, or,​
2. Do I race to enter the quick-lottery to grab an open reservation at another park before all the other 7 AM losers do?​
Which means it will also have a ripple effect on park reservations. People will start switching their park reservations on same day. Other parks will fill up and HS will free up.

Yep. I bet there will be a lot of people trying to switch their reservation from DHS to one of the other parks each morning now.

Even if people haven't been to DHS yet for their trip, they may try to push their DHS day back for another attempt at a morning boarding group.

JohnD

Yep. I bet there will be a lot of people trying to switch their reservation from DHS to one of the other parks each morning now.

Even if people haven't been to DHS yet for their trip, they may try to push their DHS day back for another attempt at a morning boarding group.

Yeah. That could happen too. Need to keep a sharp eye on park availability, though. 1) Another park you want is available same day and 2) HS is available on the next day you want to go. But have to act fast. Looks like daily park reservation musical chairs every morning at 7:00:10. Good luck to everyone!

gerarar

Premium Member
Do rides in the park open before 10am? Because with this change, ROTR can start calling groups earlier (before 10am), hence more capacity in the long run!

PostScott

I'd expect many grumpy and tired people will wake up at 6:55am for a chance to get a boarding pass. Once these grumpy and tired people (who don't want to wake up at 6:55am on a vacation and when DHS does open up until 10am) don't get a pass, they will be even more frustrated. Make the distribution time to at least 8am, but preferably 9am.

Kristamouse

I can’t belive im reading this, entering the queue before park opens???

Attachments

• 04E8837A-9222-4CA3-A160-E3CAABE77944.png
    04E8837A-9222-4CA3-A160-E3CAABE77944.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 139

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom