News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

brettf22

Premium Member
Tweak: Uber to the Speedway near Boardwalk. Shorter walk. Option of buying gas station breakfast!!
One caveat on taking an UBER to Speedway. Last month, I was planning on going to DHS by being dropped off at the Speedway. But the day before, I did a little reconnoitering via the Skyliner and noticed no sidewalk along E Buena Vista in front of the Speedway, which is what you walk along to get to DHS. They must have recently removed it, possibly to discourage drop off there. I had the driver drop me off at the corner of E Buena Vista and Epcot Resorts Blvd (which is the entrance road to Boardwalk).

Before:
speedwaybefore.jpg

After:
speedwayafter.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One caveat on taking an UBER to Speedway. Last month, I was planning on going to DHS by being dropped off at the Speedway. But the day before, I did a little reconnoitering via the Skyliner and noticed no sidewalk along E Buena Vista in front of the Speedway, which is what you walk along to get to DHS. They must have recently removed it, possibly to discourage drop off there. I had the driver drop me off at the corner of E Buena Vista and Epcot Resorts Blvd (which is the entrance road to Boardwalk).

Before:
View attachment 508920
After:
View attachment 508921

Oh those dirty dogs! It's clear they don't want anyone walking to or from the Speedway any more. Not that one couldn't walk along speedway's back driveway and cross over near BW's gate and pick up the walkway from there.

1603911126058.png

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Apparently it was 7 minutes but the changes won’t increase capacity by that much !

Me thinks a) the park was dead or b) something went oopsie
Something went oopsie . Heard from someone who got group 60 at roughly 3 seconds into the window. No way it actually operated to 7 minutes. Currently boarding around late 40’s.

Joel

Ended up going to Studios again, more to do MMRR again than anything else, but of course was going to get a BG for Rise again. Walked out of Falcon at 9:58 and asked my girlfriend in an obnoxiously loud voice, "Why are all these people just standing around looking at their phones?" Am I a terrible person?

Anyway, we were assigned to orange, putting us in the second row of our ride vehicle. The plexiglass, while not ideal, didn't detract from the experience much. Although I suspect your mileage may vary depending on when you ride and how recently the panel was cleaned.

Tom Morrow

This is a needed change and works because of the park reservation system. The stress of arriving hoping you were early enough, though not as bad as pre-Covid, was still a bad way to start the day. However! If the park will continue to open at 10:00 AM. why place this at 7:00 AM? Why make people wake up earlier than necessary? When you're on an Orlando vacation, every hour of sleep counts.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is a needed change and works because of the park reservation system. The stress of arriving hoping you were early enough, though not as bad as pre-Covid, was still a bad way to start the day. However! If the park will continue to open at 10:00 AM. why place this at 7:00 AM? Why make people wake up earlier than necessary? When you're on an Orlando vacation, every hour of sleep counts.
Maybe the 7am is to try and have it not fill up with 10 seconds? Perhaps they hope that there will be less initial demand at 7am.

ImperfectPixie

I'd totally get up, get a boarding group, and go back to bed!

UNCgolf

This actually sounds worse to me, because it's going to require you to wake up before 7 AM. That's not my idea of a vacation at Disney World (it might be at other places depending on what I was doing). I know you can go back to sleep after, but, at least for me, waking up and then trying to go back to sleep for just an hour or two usually makes me feel pretty bad for at least the first half of the day. It's not a good idea for me.

If they aren't going to require you to be in the park and are just doing it based on reservation status, why not do a simple lottery like we discussed earlier? Put yourself in the lottery the night before as long as you have a reservation for DHS.

I'm sure all the groups will be gone within a couple of minutes of 7 AM just like they are right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom