Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Rteetz

I have a lot of thoughts and feelings on this. Of course knowing a few in entertainment I am sad and devastated for them. Entertainment/performers across the country are hurting big time right now. Many of these things were not coming back anytime soon given the situation. So many factors at play. Some things probably could have returned with modifications but Disney doesn't want to in order to save money. Would Disney execs cutting their pay save all of these jobs? Of course not. But it certainly would make the optics a bit better. They'll still get a nice bonus package I'm sure. Prior to this pandemic I will admit I drank the kool-aid hard in most instances. The Disney defense is getting harder and harder for me with every day. I know some of these things, even maybe most of these things will return eventually. The smaller things like Citizens of Hollywood though are in the most trouble after years of small cuts.

tirian

I have a lot of thoughts and feelings on this. Of course knowing a few in entertainment I am sad and devastated for them. Entertainment/performers across the country are hurting big time right now. Many of these things were not coming back anytime soon given the situation. So many factors at play. Some things probably could have returned with modifications but Disney doesn't want to in order to save money. Would Disney execs cutting their pay save all of these jobs? Of course not. But it certainly would make the optics a bit better. They'll still get a nice bonus package I'm sure. Prior to this pandemic I will admit I drank the kool-aid hard in most instances. The Disney defense is getting harder and harder for me with every day. I know some of these things, even maybe most of these things will return eventually. The smaller things like Citizens of Hollywood though are in the most trouble after years of small cuts.
I’d expect some more nonsensical PR stunts from corporate soon. The company’s spin doctors are going to be blaming California and waving Twitter-friendly announcements — anything to downplay the reality of layoffs in Florida.

We know Disney will eventually restore some entertainment after Covid, but how much is anyone’s guess. The CEO canceled all planned Batuu entertainment to save a buck long before Covid was on anyone’s radar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom