Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

flynnibus

Premium Member
That’s your opinion. You certainly don’t have to care about other human beings.

With all the things these individuals are facing ... the salutation on the separation notice is the hill to die on? Get real.

It's more like the naive being shown the real world for the first time. This is how it works out in the big mean real world... not the pixie dust enhanced version of reality.

Next people will be shocked to hear... no there are no big going away parties thrown by the company when people are RIF'd. Nor are there big acknowledgements of the people's history or past to wish them well on their way out the door.

Sorry to burst their bubble... but that's what the real world looks like.

TrainsOfDisney

With all the things these individuals are facing ... the salutation on the separation notice is the hill to die on? Get real.

It's more like the naive being shown the real world for the first time. This is how it works out in the big mean real world... not the pixie dust enhanced version of reality.

Next people will be shocked to hear... no there are no big going away parties thrown by the company when people are RIF'd. Nor are there big acknowledgements of the people's history or past to wish them well on their way out the door.

We get it. You’re mr. corporate tough guy.

You’re not talking to kids, we’ve all had jobs and lost them for various reasons. Many of us have been personally responsible for hiring people. Many of us have worked with the Disney company as well.

Brian

It's a sad state of affairs when even basic standards of decency are up for debate.

Robbiem

How about what some of our friends across the pond say, “Your position has been made redundant.”? That just sounds weird to me.

I didn’t even get that two years ago. Just a standard letter with no name giving me a date when I had to return my company equipment and uniform or face legal action as I was no longer employed.that was after nearly 17 years service and a ‘restructuring’.

companies are usually really bad in these situations. the thing that hurt me the most was the other workers, friends I’d worked with for years wouldn’t talk to me and after working there for a third of my life no one even said goodbye let alone thank you

flynnibus

Premium Member
Adulting and being a jerk are not synonymous.
Well when people keep pouting and wishing reality was different... eventually someone just needs to smack them out of it.

no one is going to say “I’m so upset about being laid off... but they put my name on the letter and I feel so much better about it now”.

Maybe it makes you feel worse... but put on your big boy pants and grasp the reality that Execution of a RIF is not a retirement party... there is no big send off.. there is no tearfully send off from the assigned HR reps. It’s a process... and methodical.

wdwfan22

It's making rounds of twitter that the “Citizens of Hollywood” at Disney's Hollywood Studios are being let go. Sad to hear
citizens.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom