News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

ImperfectPixie

Theres been a lot of blood spilled around here over refrigerators. I don't know what the current situation is. Many low priced off site hotels have microwaves too.
Refrigerators often don't work as well as they should. We've had issues twice...once at Caribbean and once at Movies.

Great Wolf Lodge has both refrigerators and microwaves in all of their rooms.

nickys

Premium Member
From the website:
Free coffee every morning.
REFRIGERATORS IN EVERY ROOM!!!!!
Free Wi Fi
Free Premium Movie Channel
Free Easy Starts Continental breakfast

Refrigerators people. In every room Econolodge Don't have to reserve them, they're JUST THERE!
FREE EVERY ROOM
FREE BREAKFAST
FREE COFFEE
FREE PREMIUM MOVIES

All the WDW resorts have refrigerators in the rooms. No need to request one.

Movielover

As a child of the 80’s who loves the hip hop of the 90’s, I am always in favor for raising the roof
3.%20fellow%20kids.gif

I too like to "get down with them funky beats" 🤣

Flynnwriter

From the website:
Free coffee every morning.
REFRIGERATORS IN EVERY ROOM!!!!!
Free Wi Fi
Free Premium Movie Channel
Free Easy Starts Continental breakfast

Refrigerators people. In every room Econolodge Don't have to reserve them, they're JUST THERE!
FREE EVERY ROOM
FREE BREAKFAST
FREE COFFEE
FREE PREMIUM MOVIES
Yuck

JoeCamel

I've always thought the roof beams were a cheap solution when it was built. I could see a massive thatched roof ala Tiki Room but it was built by a steel company so maybe aluminum thatch wasn't an option.

Bocabear

So now it looks like a big brown box...I saw it in person yesterday...
Can't say removing the tallest most recognizable part of their main building is a positive change...Can only hope something will go back in it's space and add a bit of skyline back to the resort. Maybe it wasn't Marriott enough for TDO and they have to continue to de-furbish the resort until it feels more like a Sheraton...who knows.

halltd

Can't say removing the tallest most recognizable part of their main building is a positive change...Can only hope something will go back in it's space and add a bit of skyline back to the resort. Maybe it wasn't Marriott enough for TDO and they have to continue to de-furbish the resort until it feels more like a Sheraton...who knows.
You can see them in the concept art. I'm assuming they're original from the 70s and probably just needed replaced.

_caleb

Anytime Disney does a renovation like this, fans jump in midway through and say something like, "Well, this is how it's going to look for the rest of our lives."

Half of the time it's nonsense (because the work is still ongoing and just be patient they aren't finished yet), but the other half of the time, yeah- that's what we're going to get (Castle paint, Ratatouille, fountain removal, etc., etc., etc.).

UNCgolf

You can see them in the concept art. I'm assuming they're original from the 70s and probably just needed replaced.

The concept art shows a significant decrease in the total number of beams, though -- and it looks bizarre in the concept art. It no longer looks like it's supposed to be part of the roof of the building; it just looks like some random junk tossed on top because there are only a few and they're so spaced out.

But who knows what the actual plan is.

gdrj

Why would you judge what its going to look like based on what it looks like while they demo?!? If this forum existed when they were building DIsney World, there would be complaining about the big hole being dug between the Poly and Magic Kingdom. Based on artwork, which I know may not be final result, it looks much grander, potentially better approach.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom