People Mover

LastoneOn

Original Poster
I hope not, I hope they figure out how to repair them and bring a form of the people mover back, not everything needs to be a thrill ride.
Yes that would be preferable. Its been so long, I don't know if I ever rode it. Its a nice break down in Florida, nothing too spectacular, wish it were longer.

TrainsOfDisney

There is no Yeti at Disneyland. Mischief managed!
There are multiple yeti AA’s at Disneyland and they actually work.

As for the peoplemover... what I really wish is that they would build a people mover vehicle that can ride along on a portion of the track just back and forth. Put some static figures in the seats. Just run it to add kinetic energy.

Islands of Adventure did that when they couldn’t legally open the monorail on Seuss Landing, they had a car that could ride around the land on the track that just added life and motion to the area.

Magic Feather

I hope not, I hope they figure out how to repair them and bring a form of the people mover back, not everything needs to be a thrill ride.
I'm under the impression that large chucks of the peoplemover track are past the point of repair, thanks to Rocket Rods and years of neglect on top of that. The consensus seems to be that the tracks will have to come down at some point. Whether they get replaced by something is an entirely separate question.

Stevek

Every indication is that due to OSHA/ADA requirement, it would be impossible to bring back. Once the ride changed, the could no longer be grandfathered into old requirements. As much as I'd love to see it...yeah, it's gone and at some point the tracks will be taken down.

TrainsOfDisney

Every indication is that due to OSHA/ADA requirement, it would be impossible to bring back. Once the ride changed, the could no longer be grandfathered into old requirements. As much as I'd love to see it...yeah, it's gone and at some point the tracks will be taken down.
They’d probably have to go the islands of adventure route and make it a “self powered coaster” but that would be fine with me.

SplashGhost

At this point, the best chance the tracks ever have of getting removed is if something like Tron replaces Autopia. Even then, they might just remove the ones in that area and leave the rest to rot for the rest of time.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The issue of the OSHA/ADA requirement keeps coming up which would cause them to need to have evacuation points along the length of the ride. What about this idea? Chop the track and connect where I have the red line. Then in outdoor track areas, they can have fewer evac points (maybe in areas where I indicate with green dots) where it's convenient to put them. Sure, we'd have a shorter ride, but at least we'd have a ride and then the Autopia sections can be torn down and if they ever decided to rip out Autopia for a new attraction, no harm no foul. There would also be less outdoor track to reinforce/replace if needed, and less track to convert from the Rocket rails to maybe a similar electric system that WDW uses.

pm.jpg

el_super

The issue of the OSHA/ADA requirement keeps coming up which would cause them to need to have evacuation points along the length of the ride. What about this idea?

It's not just having evacuation points along the route. There is a minimum 36" of clearance required on both sides of a ride path now. This couldn't be done with the indoor portions of the ride path without serious deconstruction and relocation of load bearing walls.

It might be a moot point now because I don't think the indoor portion of the ride path is contiguous any longer. The recent work over by the Starcade might have removed a portion of the track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom