News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

_caleb

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah is all time top 5, maybe top 3 timeless classic Disney song....featured in Disney specials and albums for decades after the film was out of date. Current little kids know and enjoy it.

I find the removal of this irreplaceable Academy Award winning song from the park soundtrack the most offensive part. It has a positive message and Disney should have the guts to stand behind their great art/artists.

As much as I like NOLA Jazz, nothing in Princes and the Frog even comes close.
Welcome to the forums.

Something can be beloved/acclaimed/classic and also have issues that make it a problem for what Disney is trying to do/be. There's been endless discussion about the roots of the song in this thread in the social issues boards.

_caleb

Is it? I thought bullies didn't have a sense of humor.
Bullies don't have a sense of humor. That's the excuse they use when they say mean and insensitive stuff– "Come on, can't you take a joke?" And then when someone points out the inappropriate behavior, they say, "Lighten up!" or "Calm down!"

It's fine. I'm not your parents. I'm not a moderator on these boards. I'm not really anyone to you, but I'm not mad, and I don't think your post is a major deal. But I think we can have a better quality of discussion around here (I know we can, because I've seen it). And I know that people are watching us and take their cues from how they see us engage in dialog. I've seen it with Star Wars (Fandom Menace), and I think as a fan community, we need to take some responsibility.

Riverrafter21

Bullies don't have a sense of humor. That's the excuse they use when they say mean and insensitive stuff– "Come on, can't you take a joke?" And then when someone points out the inappropriate behavior, they say, "Lighten up!" or "Calm down!"

It's fine. I'm not your parents. I'm not a moderator on these boards. I'm not really anyone to you, but I'm not mad, and I don't think your post is a major deal. But I think we can have a better quality of discussion around here (I know we can, because I've seen it).
My "Calm down" wasn't intended to be condescending, we'll chalk that up to speech vs text. I have other opinions about this post, but there's no need to further muddy the waters here.

Hopefully this thread can get buried for a while

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

It's fine. I'm not your parents. I'm not a moderator on these boards. I'm not really anyone to you, but I'm not mad, and I don't think your post is a major deal. But I think we can have a better quality of discussion around here (I know we can, because I've seen it). And I know that people are watching us and take their cues from how they see us engage in dialog. I've seen it with Star Wars (Fandom Menace), and I think as a fan community, we need to take some responsibility.
Kumbaya, my Lord. Kumbaya.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Tron’s Pausing for a year, no? Spring 2021 opening. I don’t see Splash’s gutting being done by Spring 2021, let alone the entire new attraction. They’d have to start now, with the decision to leave Tokyo’s as is definite.
I didn't see that Tron was paused for a year.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I think we're all in agreement that, with 99.9% certainty Disneyland's Splash will eventually be changed. If only to save face.
I remember seeing that the entire retheme was designed to only replace Disneyland's version while nothing for World due to the proximity to New Orleans Square. Maybe that'll be the end result

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I’m struggling to find the connection, or where this was even said, but I did suggest Ducktales as an overlay for Star Tours.
Junior Woodchucks. Adventure storyline. Easy to theme around Fronterland/Western motif. The show frequently features myths and legends and folktale storylines. Granted, it's just a terrible as PatF but at least it'd be classic Disney characters. And a way to bring them to MK. I could even see them incorporating a Lester's Possum Park (from a Goofy Movie) callback in the attraction.

Surferboy567

Junior Woodchucks. Adventure storyline. Easy to theme around Fronterland/Western motif. The show frequently features myths and legends and folktale storylines. Granted, it's just a terrible as PatF but at least it'd be classic Disney characters. And a way to bring them to MK. I could even see them incorporating a Lester's Possum Park (from a Goofy Movie) callback in the attraction.
Wait...you were being serious?

I do love Ducktales...but on Splash?

Chi84

Premium Member
If there's one thing we can say from this re-theme, it's that Disney is not looking to stick with "classic" Disney characters. The new characters in today's films will be tomorrow's classic characters.

Brer Oswald

Haha. I'm saying it's doable not that I'd want them to do it. But yes, I'd still prefer it over PatF.
When in doubt, Ducktales. It's the universal IP.
I certainly agree that DuckTales works as a universal IP. It’s a brief off shoot from Mickey Mouse, with Donald Duck. Scrooge and the Boys are also part of the Mickey Universe. You also have access to Ludwig Von Drake, who came from Wonderful World of Color (the offshoot of the Disneyland show).

I don’t think they want to spend it on Splash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom