Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

CM.X777

Original Poster
I dont know if this has been put out there, but I've hear that all the Imagineers that were working on the Avengers E-Ticket project were let go in the layoffs. So it's probably dead and buried, which is a real shame since the ride was very close to construction beginning.

TP2000

I dont know if this has been put out there, but I've hear that all the Imagineers that were working on the Avengers E-Ticket project were let go in the layoffs. So it's probably dead and buried, which is a real shame since the ride was very close to construction beginning.

It's sad, but not surprising.

What I will find surprising is if they keep construction going on Mickey's Railway at this point. Disneyland is going to be closed for at least another six months, perhaps longer, and then only reopen at 25% capacity indefinitely. There is going to need to be major long-term belt tightening across Disney's theme park division into 2021 and 2022.

They should probably get a roof on the Mickey's Railway warehouse and get it sealed up for the winter rains, then put that one in mothballs for a few years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I absolutely wouldn’t doubt that.

Nothing is getting built, kids. The playbook is written

Disney Analyst

What I will find surprising is if they keep construction going on Mickey's Railway at this point. Disneyland is going to be closed for at least another six months, perhaps longer, and then only reopen at 25% capacity indefinitely. There is going to need to be major long-term belt tightening across Disney's theme park division into 2021 and 2022.

They should probably get a roof on the Mickey's Railway warehouse and get it sealed up for the winter rains, then put that one in mothballs for a few years.

I assume they will prioritize Mickey over Avengers any day, so even if mothballed they'll get that ride built eventually...

I could see the Avengers e-ticket entering Wester River Expedition lore status.

Disneylover152

Something to note with TRON and Guardians in WDW, according to pretty reliable sources construction crews are finishing the exterior of the attractions so that it doesn't look like a construction site from guest areas, they are taking all crews out of the project until further notice. So for example, they are focusing on building the canopy for TRON, then when they are finished with that in early 2021, they will take all crews out and leave the interior unfinished until further notice.

Wonder if that's what they are doing with Runaway Railway. Building the show building and the mountain facade so Disneyland doesn't have a huge construction site looming over the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I assume they will prioritize Mickey over Avengers any day, so even if mothballed they'll get that ride built eventually...

I could see the Avengers e-ticket entering Wester River Expedition lore status.

Considering the shift to streaming that will knock a lot of the wind out of the sails of mcu??
...might as well call it “ironman’s Thunder Mesa adventure”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Something to note with TRON and Guardians in WDW, according to pretty reliable sources construction crews are finishing the exterior of the attractions so that it doesn't look like a construction site from guest areas, they are taking all crews out of the project until further notice. So for example, they are focusing on building the canopy for TRON, then when they are finished with that in early 2021, they will take all crews out and leave the interior unfinished until further notice.

Wonder if that's what they are doing with Runaway Railway. Building the show building and the mountain facade so Disneyland doesn't have a huge construction site looming over the park.

...hope that’s wrong. I have no reason to believe it isn’t. Again...”playbook” is in effect

SuddenStorm

Disney finishing an attraction facade but waiting years to actually build they the attraction itself? Walt would never!

*glances uncomfortably at Haunted Mansion*

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Count on it.

The “2020” decade may be a refit of a flume to a not incredibly popular animated movie 😂

...and people HATED Eisner 😎
If one thing is probably true, the outcome is going to be something both fans of Splash and fans of PatF will hate. This is quickly turning into the next JII 2.0/3.0, with all of the outside influences (low budget, rushed timeline, laid off creative force), and I don’t expect it to be half the attraction that the California version was, let alone the Florida version.

I could end up being wrong, but it’s going to take a miracle beyond Disney’s control.

SuddenStorm

Any word on the team involved with the Splash redo?

lazyboy97o

It’s not so much about aesthetics but water. They’re finishing the building envelopes so that the work that has been done does not rot. The canopy is likely being completed because it’s not something you can really leave incomplete due to its structural design. It would be a similar reason to finish the show building box for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway railroad, to protect the work already completed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s not so much about aesthetics but water. They’re finishing the building envelopes so that the work that has been done does not rot. The canopy is likely being completed because it’s not something you can really leave incomplete due to its structural design. It would be a similar reason to finish the show building box for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway railroad, to protect the work already completed.
...correct...”seal the envelope”

...but that doesn’t do anything to negate the mothball theory

D.Silentu

Not that I'm unphased by this rumor, but to me it feels par for the course at the moment. Teams company wide are being let go and that is a losing proposition for everyone. My biggest concern is that Disney is and remains aware that Avengers Campus will be analogous to Galaxy's Edge last fall (tip of the hat to the forgotten poster who made this comparison). It needs the big E-ticket attraction; DCA needs it too. It's fortunate that the ride was deep enough in the design process that Imagineers were talking about it. Progress and investment are the best life preservers for any project at present. Everything seems like it's getting postponed these days, but when things start opening is a better time to guage our concern.

October82

I don't take any joy at people losing their jobs, but the last large expansion pad in DCA always deserved something more inspired than the Avengers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom