Anyone been to AbracadaBar lately?

Dutch Inn '76

Original Poster
How's this place doing amidst Covid? Is it kid friendly, or is it very much a BAR? I'd like to check it out, but my guess is that the Boardwalk is a ghost town these days?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
How's this place doing amidst Covid? Is it kid friendly, or is it very much a BAR? I'd like to check it out, but my guess is that the Boardwalk is a ghost town these days?
I have not been lately but was there with my wife Sept 2019. It is very very small. It does not have much seating as it is but would think that if they are spacing tables 6 ft apart, it would get about 20-30 people in there (estimate).

Knowing it was small, we made sure to drop in when it first opened for the day before we hit up Epcot. That be said, we did love it!!!! The place can have kids but has a limited menu (and again, not much room). The Abracadabra Fries were great! (but yes, it is very much more a bar than a restaurant)

Club Cooloholic

My wife and I hit it last year. It's ok, there wasn't any magic going on, it's a bar with some interesting decor. I found the drinks were ok, the bartender kinda had a blah attitude, especially considering the place was not exactly busy.
Not a must do for sure.
Meanwhile Jelly Rolls was fantastic with great bartenders, despite serving literal mobs of people.

Hockey89

Kid friendly in a bar? Nah. It’s not. Don’t sit them at the bar hugging seats

on a side note, I sat at the bar once there and the bartenders were the most miserable people. When “regs” left, the staff just made fun of them.

Club Cooloholic

Kid friendly in a bar? Nah. It’s not. Don’t sit them at the bar hugging seats

on a side note, I sat at the bar once there and the bartenders were the most miserable people. When “regs” left, the staff just made fun of them.
We must have been there the same night! I don't think I saw a smile on the bartender once.

Notes from Neverland

It was a great experience for all ages a few years ago. Then, a couple years ago, they stopped doing the "magic tricks" that made the place interesting. For example, they used to have fun turning drinks different colors before your eyes, making smoking non-alcholic drinks for kids and more. Apparently the staff was told to scale it back and just serve drinks under a different manager. Since then we only went once and it was basically a small bar with some cool theming. Kind of sad to see how it slipped.

Dutch Inn '76

Original Poster
It was a great experience for all ages a few years ago. Then, a couple years ago, they stopped doing the "magic tricks" that made the place interesting. For example, they used to have fun turning drinks different colors before your eyes, making smoking non-alcholic drinks for kids and more. Apparently the staff was told to scale it back and just serve drinks under a different manager. Since then we only went once and it was basically a small bar with some cool theming. Kind of sad to see how it slipped.

Thanks for this. That's what I needed to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom