News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

wdw71fan

Lets cut to the chase here... This is very much happening, and it's multifaceted.

- Glendale has been relatively 'gutted' by layoffs.. Not enough resources to handle the projects as originally scheduled..

- Why build/open a multimillion dollar E ticket (or 2) for the AP holders that are already on the hook for $$? They're going to need these attractions to 'bounce back' attendance and revenue when the time is right.. The time isn't right, right now.

Could this change? Possibly.. depends on the world getting a vaccine and moving past all of this crap.

ToTBellHop

Lets cut to the chase here... This is very much happening, and it's multifaceted.

- Glendale has been relatively 'gutted' by layoffs.. Not enough resources to handle the projects as originally scheduled..

- Why build/open a multimillion dollar E ticket (or 2) for the AP holders that are already on the hook for $$? They're going to need these attractions to 'bounce back' attendance and revenue when the time is right.. The time isn't right, right now.

Could this change? Possibly.. depends on the world getting a vaccine and moving past all of this crap.
Yes. Honestly, they will be in an advantageous position, having two E-tickets ready to go within 6 months of learning the world is done ending. That’s better than what I gather is happening at WDSP...or Epic Universe. But it does suck for our 50th.

Phicinfan

Yes. Honestly, they will be in an advantageous position, having two E-tickets ready to go within 6 months of learning the world is done ending. That’s better than what I gather is happening at WDSP...or Epic Universe. But it does suck for our 50th.
Its also going to take til 2022 for folks to feel comfortable to travel again, assuming we get a vaccine by summer of 2021 or so...

doctornick

Is there still a possibility of PTN at least? (Assuming a vaccine or other cause allowing for essentially normal function)

azox

It makes sense why the delay between business hits and wanting to let the 50th and Rat be enough for a rebound year, but it does not change the fact that the Tron sect of fandom and that much general expectation of the public who go to high caliber theme parks are going to be dissapoonted in the wait by the time opening actually comes.

Glad universal is still finishing Velocicoaster. At least we will have that to look forward to :)

Last edited:

Rteetz

And that is not a good thing. Sorry to be black and white about it (I know what it means for the economy.. WHICH IS A GOOD THING) but with rising COVID numbers, no... this isn't a good thing.
Of course but at the same time I don't think this will be some sort of really long travel issue either. People clearly do not want to stay home.

Parker in NYC

Than you do want to stay home...you have done a risk analysis and decided staying home outweighs potential exposure. But this is off topic. But its 100% personal choice.
Nah, it has nothing to do with my own health but rather the health of my at-risk loved ones. If you can send us a check to provide alternative housing for either them or myself, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Who is Magic Kingdoms 50th anniversary celebration?
I'll do you one better - What is MK's 50th anniversary celebration? ;) (I already know the answer - Not much, at this point. Back to cupcakes and ... a souvenir map)
Does this further delay any Space Mountain Refurbishments? I thought when Tron opened, Space went down?

They'll get on that as soon as Pandora opens and they take that opportunity to fix/replace the Yeti. Oh, wait...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom