News Florida residents will be able to buy a Walt Disney World 50th license plate supporting Make-A-Wish

JohnD

Doesn’t much make sense to put Disney plates in a non-Disney state does it?

The idea behind the vanity plates is to support LOCAL Causes.

It’s good if Disney and Florida to work on this for make a wish...for sure 👍🏻

These are obviously official State of Florida plates. I'm sure WDW will sell vanity plates too. Only works for states that allow them on the front. Florida, for example, is a yes. Virginia is a no.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
These are obviously official State of Florida plates. I'm sure WDW will sell vanity plates too. Only works for states that allow them on the front. Florida, for example, is a yes. Virginia is a no.
Sorry...I meant “specialty” plates...not vanity.

Didn’t mean they’d be like the 80’s airbrushed ones they sold at Myrtle beach that said “stud muffin” ...or something like that

JohnD

Sorry...I meant “specialty” plates...not vanity.

Didn’t mean they’d be like the 80’s airbrushed ones they sold at Myrtle beach that said “stud muffin” ...or something like that

Whatever the correct term is. WDW 50th anniversary license plates with official registration purchased by Florida Residents through the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Specialty plates are likely to be purchased in WDW gift shops. Put on front of your vehicle (for states like Florida that allow it).

JohnD

Man, I wish all the states were given the option for the plates! We have a National Parks plate on our Airstream (will put another NP plate on our new truck when we finally spring for the purchase). But I'd switch out the Airstream plates, truck plates, and my van's plates for the WDW plate. We named our Airstream, "Ellie", and our truck, "Carl", after "UP!" for the popular camping theme: Adventure is Out There! Plus, I had to sneak something "Disney" in there!

In some states like Virginia you can get a speciality license plate for almost anything. You just need 10 people to agree to buy. The reason is that the official plate has to be on the front and back of your vehicle. So you just can't put any wacky plate you want on the front. It's a great way for the state to get extra revenue. You could probably get a VA WDW 50th annivesary plate if you can find 9 other people in VA who want it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whatever the correct term is. WDW 50th anniversary license plates with official registration purchased by Florida Residents through the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Specialty plates are likely to be purchased in WDW gift shops. Put on front of your vehicle (for states like Florida that allow it).
I’m getting lost in translation.

In my state - specialty plates are state issued ID tags just like regular tags. And front/back doesn’t matter...states that don’t have both are pretty dumb...actually. Why not use both?

Like these:

1602884747350.jpeg

1602884766469.jpeg

JohnD

I’m getting lost in translation.

In my state - specialty plates are state issued ID tags just like regular tags. And front/back doesn’t matter...states that don’t have both are pretty dumb...actually. Why not use both?

Like these:

View attachment 505861

View attachment 505862
Florida doesn’t require plates on the front. So you can purchase any plate from anywhere with something like this to put on the front.

30019.jpg

So WDW could sell a 50th anniversary plate like that which you could put on the front of your vehicle for states like Florida that allow it. A 50th anniversary plate registered with the State of Florida to be put on the back of your vehicle is only available through the FL DMV.

Attachments

• 1602888126168.jpeg
    1602888126168.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 209

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Florida doesn’t require plates on the front. So you can purchase any plate from anywhere with something like this to put on the front.

30019.jpg

So WDW could sell a 50th anniversary plate like that which you could put on the front of your vehicle for states like Florida that allow it. A 50th anniversary plate registered with the State of Florida to be put on the back of your vehicle is only available through the FL DMV.
...yeah.

I used to live in Florida...I understand the silly plates on the front.

I was only speaking of the wdw tags from the dmv...which are official government identifying legal items.

MonorailCoral

In other news, presale vouchers are also now available for Florida Specialty Plates featuring the University of Georgia, the University of Alabama, and Auburn University.

No, I am not kidding.

(There are about 40 total new potential Florida plates in which presale vouchers can be purchased...A minimum number must be sold for the plate to go into production.)

JoeCamel

In other news, presale vouchers are also now available for Florida Specialty Plates featuring the University of Georgia, the University of Alabama, and Auburn University.

No, I am not kidding.

(There are about 40 total new potential Florida plates in which presale vouchers can be purchased...A minimum number must be sold for the plate to go into production.)
25000 I believe

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The State of Florida didn't work with TWDC to create this. Groups that want a speciality license plate in Florida need to pay the statutory fee, collect enough signatures and pre-orders and get HSMV approval for the design.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

No, I am not kidding.

There are currently 122 speciality plates available in Florida.

MonorailCoral

As of October 1st, the pre-sale requirement was raised from 1,000 to 3,000. And the number of approved available for sale speciality plates will be capped at 150.
150 is the total number of in-production plates which can be actively for sale at any one time, or the total number of potential-new plates in which pre-sale vouchers can be actively for sale at any one time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom