Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Friday September 18 cont

I was disappointed but refused to let R know. I wanted her to have a great day and not even think about Rise. But inside I was all in knots still.
I suggested we head to Slinky before everyone else did. But first....to show I can fake it like the best of them, a PP photographer!!!
1FF8B315-38C0-47AB-941A-6FC2DF1F2109.jpeg

19A3B499-F0C5-4473-BBD0-574779683943.jpeg

Then we headed for SDD. With all the excitement I had to, uh,

giphy.gif

I put R on the far right of the walkway to SDD and told her to stop walking when the person in front of her did. That would be the end of the line.
Meanwhile I went to the ladies room at the very entrance to TSL. Near the old entrance to TSMM. Near the Incredibles alley or whatever name they have given it. I finished and went looking for R. I expected her to be up near the bridge and I searched and searched. Then I called. She was all the way back here:
2E2519FB-9CD1-49B9-94C6-E2F2287428D6.jpeg

I always forget about that physical distancing stuff. 30 minutes looks a lot longer than it used to.

There were two women behind us and we struck up a conversation with them. They were visiting from Michigan and it was their first time and they were staying off property and they were disappointed.
Well, yeah, duh. You dont go to WDW for your first time during a pandemic. And you dont stay off property your first visit either.
I was trying to give them a few tips and we chatted until we got up to the switchbacks. Then they started to talk politics. Nope and pass. The guy in front of me caught my eye. He also had an American flag on his mask. He and his wife were from California, outside Palm Springs. We chatted and laughed up until it was time to load.
CFDED624-954D-4E3E-8B43-B525353DC06B.jpeg

C7D7628A-81DF-4D18-A2B5-0E8DAB191D02.jpeg

67BC8BEC-7428-4472-83C7-0DFDEA212819.jpeg

It was 10:44. SDD always makes me happy. Could it take away the sting of BG failure???
4073CD74-A5E3-45E8-941E-ED56109E4090.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Friday September 18 cont

R and I had plans. One plan was to get a rise BG so plans don't always work out. She had a phone interview at 12:00 and we had an early dinner at Prime Time Cafe. We thought we would get a snack. I thought Baseline!!!
It was just after 11:00. The Baseline line was long (remember, 6 feet apart). I got in line while R went to get an iced coffee. I ordered a charcuterie platter as well.

Real life update
I was sitting here typing this when my dog started going nuts. I looked outside and I saw my son’s girlfriend’s jeep (the son in fla). Then I saw my son walking up the driveway. Yesterday was his 21st birthday and he flew home to see me❤️.
He is fed and we went grocery shopping and he has had about 6 drinks, including prosecco and homemade limoncello
( @bee ) with a splash of pomegranate.
Now he is napping.

Back to the TR!
When I exited Baseline I asked the bouncer about seating....because there was none.
She told me the Commissary was open for overflow. Would R be able to find me???

There was one of those long 8 tops with three woman down on one end. I asked if I could sit on the other end. I quickly added that it was totally ok if they said no ( and it would have been). The two younger ladies on one side looked at the woman on the other side. I could see she wasn't sure. Again, I said it was ok if she said no. She said “ok, as long as you stay all the way down there.” I assurred her I would. I did tell them about R but that we would pull her chair around to the end and she would be even farther away.

R found me and we sat and ate and drank. “By the way, my interview got moved to 2:00.”
“2:00? Did you tell them No? Did you tell them 2:05 is better?”
#BGpriorities

96CB6D58-E828-4C34-872E-FAED93DE2B98.jpeg

I had a Golden Road to match my hat.
This above photo was taken at 11:19.

We began talking with the three women. A mom, my age, from Kentucky, her daughter, R’s age, who know lives in Tampa, and the daughters best friend from Kentucky.
We hit it off so well. We laughed and compared stories and had an absolute blast with them! We all totally clicked. It was very natural and fluid, like we were old friends. When we were done with our drinks I insisted on getting the next round since they shared their table. I Mobile ordered from pizza rizzo because the baseline line was cray cray. I ordered 5 drinks so I needed two people to come with me. Two of my new friends came, one forgot her ID. The CM giving us the beer told me to go outside, hand one of the beers off then come back and get the other one.
OK.
The three of us marched across the street back to Baseline and there were a bunch of suits (I know they dont actually wear suits but they are non costumed CM’s. Manager types) One says in a loud jovial voice, “hey, where’s the party?” I said, “it’s a pity party, none of us got boarding groups”.

This picture was taken at 12:09. Exactly one hour after the first. What an hour can do....
EF4FD25F-EA47-4E8E-8503-6CFA027CA763.jpeg

Third round at 1:07
AF6764AC-9C11-4098-A177-985AFA0E3C0A.jpeg

And R’s drink. I dont remember what it was but it looks good and she enjoyed it!
0E8313C9-CFAD-4E6E-BB06-FE81257D3A68.jpeg

(And my hand sanitizer. This one is my favorite!)

This is where the part about less physical distancing in my title came from. We were old pals already.

R and I decided to blow off our sit down meal at Prime Time. We had rides we wanted to do so agreed the trade off for these hours of fun would be a QS somewhere later. Until then we all sat and drank and talked and laughed until 2:00.

It really is amazing how things happen, if you let them.

1:59 and R’s phone rings. It’s the interviewer. The rest of us stared at our phones. I did not have much hope or any expectations. Whereas this morning I was a bundle of nerves, at 2:00 I was calm and serene. I was one with the force and the force was with me.
It felt like it had been about 58 seconds or so since my clock turned to 1:59. I calmly pressed the join button even though it had not turned blue and the clock still read 1:59.

54198322-F4EB-4292-BCD0-04EB7BEEF6D9.png

What do I do? I hear the ladies to my right saying shucks and awwww and worse. R is on the phone being interviewed for a job she would never take (it was in Vegas) and I sat there calmly looking at her. She looked at her phone, refreshed and saw we got it. She gave me the thumbs up. My new Mom friend asked if I got it. Quietly I said I did. They were happy for us but I know the disappointment in their voice. I have been there.

“I have an idea. Give me your email addresses. Quick!” The daughter who now lives in Tampa knew exactly what I was going to do. She told her mom and friend, “do it I will explain later.”
I sent them emails to join my friends and family list. They accepted and I went across the street to the GET CM’s.

Now let me make this clear. The Rona protocol is one PARTY per vehicle. Whether that party is 1 person or 8 people you are in one vehicle. So by adding them to my party I did not cut anyone. I did not take anyone’s spot or delay anyone in any way. Under normal riding conditions, I never would have done this.

I approached the GET CM full of liquid courage and knowledge. So much knowledge from reading the ROTR BG thread. I know friends and family sometimes get left out of the BG. I also know the GET CM will fix it roughly 9 out of 10 times.
Her name tag said she was from Queens, there it was. I began talking and talking and talking (I am not a huge talker). I told her my friends did not make it into my BG (not a lie). I told her I know the vehicle seats 8 otherwise I would never ask. I talked about Queens and the airport and traffic in Queens to the airport. I kept talking. I did not give her a chance to say no. She checked to see that my friends were, in fact in the park. She asked if we were all trying for a BG.
“Yes.” (Not a lie)
She said sometimes group members get left out if more than one person is trying for the BG (something I already knew and was counting on her to know). She said this time only she could add them because we would all be in one ride vehicle. (Again, I knew that.)

Done
F57DE573-5E2F-47D2-B5E9-D891CDC31C18.png

I returned to the table triumphant just as R was hanging up and the girls were returning with a celebratory round. They had confidence in me that I would make it happen.
C7AF4049-C324-47F5-8628-B3DF3FFC8EE9.jpeg

3DBB2B0B-B064-40EA-A1D1-95EB864B8E81.jpeg

7ED5DFC7-131F-4530-9C59-65CF6E195644.jpeg

See the woman at the table to the right. The girls met her on line. Making friends is contageous!

Meanwhile Mom had been listening to R’s interview and gave her high praise. She said she nailed it.

We had now been sitting at this table for three hours!!!
I know, crazy right!? We spent all this money to go and drink at a bar in HWS. But I would not have traded these three hours for an extra ride on RotR. It was exactly what I needed and R had fun and made a couple new friends as well.

What to do until our BG gets called???
“Have y’all ridden Millenium Falcon yet?”

fractal

Friday September 18 cont

R and I had plans. One plan was to get a rise BG so plans don't always work out. She had a phone interview at 12:00 and we had an early dinner at Prime Time Cafe. We thought we would get a snack. I thought Baseline!!!
It was just after 11:00. The Baseline line was long (remember, 6 feet apart). I got in line while R went to get an iced coffee. I ordered a charcuterie platter as well.

Real life update
I was sitting here typing this when my dog started going nuts. I looked outside and I saw my son’s girlfriend’s jeep (the son in fla). Then I saw my son walking up the driveway. Yesterday was his 21st birthday and he flew home to see me❤️.
He is fed and we went grocery shopping and he has had about 6 drinks, including prosecco and homemade limoncello
Now he is napping.

Back to the TR!
When I exited Baseline I asked the bouncer about seating....because there was none.

There was one of those long 8 tops with three woman down on one end. I asked if I could sit on the other end. I quickly added that it was totally ok if they said no ( and it would have been). The two younger ladies on one side looked at the woman on the other side. I could see she wasn't sure. Again, I said it was ok if she said no. She said “ok, as long as you stay all the way down there.” I assurred her I would. I did tell them about R but that we would pull her chair around to the end and she would be even farther away.

R found me and we sat and ate and drank. “By the way, my interview got moved to 2:00.”
#BGpriorities

View attachment 505870

We began talking with the three women. A mom, my age, from Kentucky, her daughter, R’s age, who know lives in Tampa, and the daughters best friend from Kentucky.
We hit it off so well. We laughed and compared stories and had an absolute blast with them! We all totally clicked. It was very natural and fluid, like we were old friends. When we were done with our drinks I insisted on getting the next round since they shared their table. I Mobile ordered from pizza rizzo because the baseline line was cray cray. I ordered 5 drinks so I needed two people to come with me. Two of my new friends came, one forgot her ID. The CM giving us the beer told me to go outside, hand one of the beers off then come back and get the other one.
OK.
The three of us marched across the street back to Baseline and there were a bunch of suits (I know they dont actually wear suits but they are non costumed CM’s. Manager types) One says in a loud jovial voice, “hey, where’s the party?” I said, “it’s a pity party, none of us got boarding groups”.

This picture was taken at 12:09. Exactly one hour after the first. What an hour can do....
View attachment 505871
View attachment 505872
And R’s drink. I dont remember what it was but it looks good and she enjoyed it!
View attachment 505873

This is where the part about less physical distancing in my title came from. We were old pals already.

R and I decided to blow off our sit down meal at Prime Time. We had rides we wanted to do so agreed the trade off for these hours of fun would be a QS somewhere later. Until then we all sat and drank and talked and laughed until 2:00.

1:59 and R’s phone rings. It’s the interviewer. The rest of us stared at our phones. I did not have much hope or any expectations. Whereas this morning I was a bundle of nerves, at 2:00 I was calm and serene. I was one with the force and the force was with me.
It felt like it had been about 58 seconds or so since my clock turned to 1:59. I calmly pressed the join button even though it had not turned blue and the clock still read 1:59.

View attachment 505874

What do I do? I hear the ladies to my right saying shucks and awwww and worse. R is on the phone being interviewed for a job she would never take (it was in Vegas) and I sat there calmly looking at her. She looked at her phone, refreshed and saw we got it. She gave me the thumbs up. My new Mom friend asked if I got it. Quietly I said I did. They were happy for us but I know the disappointment in their voice. I have been there.

“I have an idea. Give me your email addresses. Quick!” The daughter who now lives in Tampa knew exactly what I was going to do. She told her mom and friend, “do it I will explain later.”
I sent them emails to join my friends and family list. They accepted and I went across the street to the GET CM’s.

Now let me make this clear. The Rona protocol is one PARTY per vehicle. Whether that party is 1 person or 8 people you are in one vehicle. So by adding them to my party I did not cut anyone. I did not take anyone’s spot or delay anyone in any way. Under normal riding conditions, I never would have done this.

I approached the GET CM full of liquid courage and knowledge. So much knowledge from reading the ROTR BG thread. I know friends and family sometimes get left out of the BG. I also know the GET CM will fix it roughly 9 out of 10 times.
Her name tag said she was from Queens, there it was. I began talking and talking and talking (I am not a huge talker). I told her my friends did not make it into my BG (not a lie). I told her I know the vehicle seats 8 otherwise I would never ask. I talked about Queens and the airport and traffic in Queens to the airport. I kept talking. I did not give her a chance to say no. She checked to see that my friends were, in fact in the park. She asked if we were all trying for a BG.
“Yes.” (Not a lie)
She said sometimes group members get left out if more than one person is trying for the BG (something I already knew and was counting on her to know). She said this time only she could add them because we would all be in one ride vehicle. (Again, I knew that.)

Done
View attachment 505875

I returned to the table triumphant just as R was hanging up and the girls were returning with a celebratory round. They had confidence in me that I would make it happen.
View attachment 505876
View attachment 505877
View attachment 505878
See the woman at the table to the right. The girls met her on line. Making friends is contageous!

Meanwhile Mom had been listening to R’s interview and gave her high praise. She said she nailed it.

I know, crazy right!? We spent all this money to go and drink at a bar in HWS. But I would not have traded these three hours for an extra ride on RotR. It was exactly what I needed and R had fun and made a couple new friends as well.

Now that's pretty d*mn awesome!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Friday September 18 cont

Real life update
Now he is napping.

Back to the TR!

#BGpriorities

View attachment 505870

OK.

View attachment 505871
View attachment 505872
View attachment 505873

View attachment 505874

“Yes.” (Not a lie)

Done
View attachment 505875

View attachment 505876
View attachment 505877
View attachment 505878

Best.Post.Ever. So awesome on so many levels.

But wait - I thought Vinnie was already 21?

Swissmiss

Premium Member

I don’t know about the Netherlands but our schools are on break next week. And I have to mandatory telework next week because a colleague who was in the office on Monday got a positive test result yesterday afternoon. Oh the joys of being at home with a teenager (though to be honest, I don’t expect her to venture out of her room much before noon each day 😉)

Songbird76

I don’t know about the Netherlands but our schools are on break next week. And I have to mandatory telework next week because a colleague who was in the office on Monday got a positive test result yesterday afternoon. Oh the joys of being at home with a teenager (though to be honest, I don’t expect her to venture out of her room much before noon each day 😉)
Part of the Netherlands has break already, we have next week off, and then part has the week after next. I'm sorry you have to telework! I actually wish I could work from home.

MickeyCB

They were happy for us but I know the disappointment in their voice. I have been there.

“Yes.” (Not a lie)

Done
F57DE573-5E2F-47D2-B5E9-D891CDC31C18.png

That's YOU making Disney Magic for someone!!! Excellent!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

giphy.gif

Songbird76

Couldn’t decide if I should 🤣 or 😍 your post!
I really do have a picture of my daughter that is sooooo much like this, that I took on our 2019 Disney/Universal trip. I never posted it because she'd have killed me, but I sent it to my husband because he was already out and about and I sent it with the caption "It's coronation day!" We still call her Anna sometimes when she just wakes up or she's really sleepy, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom