Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

sheriffwoody

I feel for you on the snoring! My mom snores and we stayed in the hotel together the night before I ran my first (and only) marathon 😬 I may not have slept much anyway, but it was brutal. I told her when (if?) we go to Italy for her 60th, we're getting separate rooms :hilarious: My husband also snores occasionally, but I can either wake him up to roll over or retreat to the couch! It sucks being stuck in a hotel room unable to get away.

Anyway, enjoying the report!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I feel for you on the snoring! My mom snores and we stayed in the hotel together the night before I ran my first (and only) marathon 😬 I may not have slept much anyway, but it was brutal. I told her when (if?) we go to Italy for her 60th, we're getting separate rooms :hilarious: My husband also snores occasionally, but I can either wake him up to roll over or retreat to the couch! It sucks being stuck in a hotel room unable to get away.

Anyway, enjoying the report!
When my husband would snore I could give him a kick or steal his pillow. Can’t do that to R😂
A couple times I would get out of bed and walk over to her bed and give her a little shake. She would wake up, smile and say “sorry” in the sweetest voice. It was hard to be mad.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Friday September 18, 2020

I remember the clock saying 3:30. At 6:30 I gave up and got out of bed. So, for arguments sake, we will say I got 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

giphy.gif

I showered, made my breakfast and took it out on the balcony.
R slept on...
E3CCD456-66EE-447F-A4A5-63373AA3AC54.jpeg

I probably read trip reports. Face timed my husband, it was Friday so the kids were in school. Yay school!!!
After last nights shopping trip I ordered an email delivery Disney GC from Target which I then transferred to the GC in my wallet.
D7FDA86C-0BCA-4332-81FC-ECA0C833EDCF.jpeg

I saved $10 on this $200 GC. I told myself I would use that $10 on either a celebratory beer, or the beer to drown my sorrows. See, we were headed to Hollywood Studios today.
You all know what that means. I could barely eat. I had BG stomach already.

R got up and got ready.
We were at the bus stop by 8:55 for a 10:00 open. There are a few benches at the bus stop, half of them are marked “do not sit”, but in a nicer way. Then there are the green physical distancing markers every 6 feet that go up the path we came down.
A bus was just filling up and getting ready to depart.
We were second in line and all three benches were full. Another group came and got behind us, then another group.
The bus driver from the full bus hopped out to speak with a transportation CM who had arrived. The CM said in a booming voice, “Don’t worry, I will call for another bus.”
I yelled, “get two!”
Everyone turned to look at me. Seriously??
The CM, who was big in stature as well as voice, walked toward me with purpose studying me the entire time.
Then he starts counting.
“23, 24, 25. You’re good.” (There was a total of 25 people waiting)
“Yes, but”, I countered, “ we get by groups. Only six groups to a bus.” He counted again. By group this time.
“You’re group five. You’re good.”
I turned to group seven, twelve feet behind me and said, “I got your backs.”
They thanked me.
Buttttttt
Through the magic of Disney, we all got on that bus😂

9:14am
E29B86C3-AB52-4C2E-A1E5-6FFA712C0B86.jpeg

8A03BB2A-72C1-4464-9F76-806AE6DF2DD4.jpeg

Beautiful palm trees.

Going through security guess who got stopped.
Guess why.

answers below:

1) R
2) epipen. The epipen I told her to take out of her bag and hold in her hand while going through security.

lindawdw

Glad you at least got 3 hours of sleep, there are many nights where I basically lay in bed until I see the sunrise with the snorer next to me.🤣 I hope the BG stomach turned out to be a happy ending.🤗

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Friday September 18 cont

The plan was to ride Mickey and Minnies runaway railway first. AND be off by 10:00.
It was a popular plan!

Look at all that naive hope in our eyes.
82578943-F889-4A19-BF79-BCA6CB8FEC24.jpeg

We were cutting it close. Man BG stomach is real!!
I tried to distract myself by pointing out and taking pictures of the hands and feet of people R had never heard of.
0C15BB9D-0421-48ED-84DE-A3B41E85E687.jpeg

“Laverne and who???” asked R.

7BBF0D33-C622-410E-9D88-49059CA5345A.jpeg

“Come on!!! Three’s Company??? Loco Drivers relative???”
R: “who? And what?”

DCA27CC9-009A-4548-8880-96172B330807.jpeg

This one she knew. She is in the music business after all.

E62CF054-761A-4A5F-9897-EEDA7517EDD8.jpeg

🎶Thank you for being a friend🎵
R: “Toy Story?”
😒

By the time we were entering the building it was a 90 minute wait! See, popular plan!
294F0870-B769-4A3F-83A8-16F8942DE0DE.jpeg

We waited about 30. But would we be out in time???

There are basically two ways to go about getting a BG. I was going to do one method, R was going to do the other. But she hadn't practiced. I was freaking but trying not to show it because I did not want to ruin MMRR for R.
712CC426-6265-489D-B0C0-2BF3BF1FC2C6.jpeg

If I take pictures it will take my mind off the fact that it is now 9:52. Right??
73D83BD8-39F2-49EB-B555-587B3DFCB42B.jpeg

F5D70422-6396-481C-8C7E-7997BBCEEA73.jpeg

9:54.
We are going to be cutting it close. No last minute tips for me to R. When we get off it will be GO TIME. But for now, lets enjoy shall we? Yeah right!!!

We got off at 9:58:31 and I sprinted outside with R behind me.
“Display the time with the seconds on your watch and tell me when we have 10 seconds to go.”
“10”
“5”
Then I heard people all around me cheering. I heard someone say “i got it”. I hit join.
Too late.
What the....???
We were going off R’s apple watch.
Why? How? Again?
(these were some of the thoughts going through my mind along with beer, loser and fail)

BTW...the next morning, we set our alarms for the same time, mine went off about 3 seconds before R’s. Hmmmm.....

Edit to fix the date. Thanks @Loco_driver !

Last edited:

Loco_driver

“Come on!!! Three’s Company??? Loco Drivers relative???”
R: “who? And what?”
Speaking of my dear old relatives. I just happen to be working near the old Ritter farm on this fine fall day. A beautiful piece of land, it’s still in the Ritter family today.
F90AF3E8-21DF-4E68-9833-D104D9FA3541.jpeg

Also just to prove that I’ve been following directions and paying close attention. You have the wrong date on your last post!
noticing tv land GIF by Teachers on TV Land

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Speaking of my dear old relatives. I just happen to be working near the old Ritter farm on this fine fall day. A beautiful piece of land, it’s still in the Ritter family today.
View attachment 505820

Also just to prove that I’ve been following directions and paying close attention. You have the wrong date on your last post!
noticing tv land GIF by Teachers on TV Land

giphy.gif

Thanks for the fact checking!

That land is beautiful!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom