When did Sleepy Hollow start making such thin, floppy waffles???

Dan Deesnee

Original Poster
My wife and I just got back. A tradition of hers is to get a Sleepy Hollow Nutella waffle when we first get to MK. This trip was our first without the kids which is why we probably finally noticed it!

The waffles are about a half inch thick and not crisp or firm at all. We thought it was our imagination that they used to be much thicker but after Google image searching it was confirmed.

Anyone know why they went from big indents in thick firmer waffles to these thin ones? When did it happen?

They aren't terrible, but they definitely aren't as good as they used to be.

GholsHost

That’s disappointing to hear, but thanks for the heads up. We’ll be there next week and the Nutella fruit waffle has always been a favorite of mine.

Dan Deesnee

Original Poster
That’s disappointing to hear, but thanks for the heads up. We’ll be there next week and the Nutella fruit waffle has always been a favorite of mine.
Let me know what you think. I believe they made this change 2-3 years ago because a Google image search seems to indicate these new thin waffles were around at least back in 2017.

mmouse

We were there in August and I recall that the sandwiches like the spicy chicken and waffle is made with the thinner waffles. When ordering a waffle separate, it was the traditional thicker Belgium waffle.

Dan Deesnee

Original Poster
We were there in August and I recall that the sandwiches like the spicy chicken and waffle is made with the thinner waffles. When ordering a waffle separate, it was the traditional thicker Belgium waffle.

You mean the regular waffle either plain or with strawberries? Interesting.

mmouse

You mean the regular waffle either plain or with strawberries? Interesting.
Yes. The one my son got was plain but it was definitely the larger more traditional Belgium Waffle. Agree by the way on the thinner ones used for the sandwhich not being that great. Good news is the taste of the Chicken carry's the whole sandwhich making it one of my favorites.

Dan Deesnee

Original Poster
Yes. The one my son got was plain but it was definitely the larger more traditional Belgium Waffle. Agree by the way on the thinner ones used for the sandwhich not being that great. Good news is the taste of the Chicken carry's the whole sandwhich making it one of my favorites.
You know what, that kind of makes sense. I guess with the big thick waffle it would probably be harder to fold like a sandwich. I wonder if you can request the thicker waffle? My wife doesn't fold up the nutella one anyway, just knife and forks it.

mmouse

You know what, that kind of makes sense. I guess with the big thick waffle it would probably be harder to fold like a sandwich. I wonder if you can request the thicker waffle? My wife doesn't fold up the nutella one anyway, just knife and forks it.
I think they would do that for you, plus it sounds really good! I'm thinking we will try that for my son on the next visit. Good suggestion, Thanks!

mf1972

i just read a menu update today, & it appears that the waffles have been removed from the menu. it includes the powdered sugar waffle, waffle with fresh strawberries, & the breakfast waffle sandwich with fruit & nutella.
i’m scratching my head if it’s true. hopefully someone can confirm this.

LastoneOn

i just read a menu update today, & it appears that the waffles have been removed from the menu. it includes the powdered sugar waffle, waffle with fresh strawberries, & the breakfast waffle sandwich with fruit & nutella.
But that's almost the whole menu

Jon81uk

Corn Dogs are coming to sleepy hollow, so maybe waffles came off to make space

Kevin_W

I saw the same thing on our trip last week. But at some point (noon? 1PM?) they switched to the chicken waffle and corn dog instead of the fruit and nutella.

It's a small kitchen and with the added menu item of the pumpkin waffle sundae, they probably have to limit what they can make. (I was disappointed because I love the chicken waffle and really wanted one for an early lunch!)

GholsHost

Let me know what you think. I believe they made this change 2-3 years ago because a Google image search seems to indicate these new thin waffles were around at least back in 2017.
Just got home. We’re at Magic Kingdom on Tuesday, and no waffle after 11am. Very disappointed, we went around 1:00...the Nutella fruit waffle was always a must-do. 😔

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Just got home. We’re at Magic Kingdom on Tuesday, and no waffle. Very disappointed...the Nutella fruit waffle was always a must-do. 😔
We make our own at home. Belgian waffle (can buy them frozen at the supermarket if you don’t have a waffle maker; they’re *almost* as good as fresh), Nutella spread, top with fresh strawberries, banana and blueberries. Easy peasy!

GholsHost

We make our own at home. Belgian waffle (can buy them frozen at the supermarket if you don’t have a waffle maker; they’re *almost* as good as fresh), Nutella spread, top with fresh strawberries, banana and blueberries. Easy peasy!
Our local grocery store, Mejier sells a malted waffle mix. Pretty close to Sleepy Hollow’s version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom