Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs permanently closed?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Puck just closed a steakhouse at the MGM in Detroit last week and announced he's opening 2 new restaurants in LA. Having 2 locations at Springs probably didn't make sense from a financial and capital perspective.

Gillyanne

This is my wife’s favorite place. I just showed her the article and she’s not in a good mood.
My mom's too, she went from a fun giddy mood (over something else we just bought) to sad
Puck just closed a steakhouse at the MGM in Detroit last week and announced he's opening 2 new restaurants in LA. Having 2 locations at Springs probably didn't make sense from a financial and capital perspective.
Mom mentioned Wolfgang owns/owned the Express location, but his wife "got" the other location in the divorce. So I guess the 2 springs locations weren't really owned by the same entity. I wonder if the Detroit/LA situation is due to similar circumstances...

UNCgolf

By FAR the best quickserve on property In a sea of Aramark issue crap...

Might need an intervention 😡

I think Polite Pig is better, and Pizza Ponte is very good too, but it was definitely up there.

I also wonder if this is just the Disney Springs location or if they're all shutting down. There's one in the Atlanta airport.

Last edited:

Amused to Death

Wasn’t the Express restaurant only licensed or something while the new grill is actually his?

I believe you’re correct. It was some type of restaurant group that ran the express...hence why I’m not shocked it closed.

Chicago’s Levy Restaurants Inc. operated the old Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe. The Express and new Bar & Grill locations are part of Wolfgang Puck Worldwide, Inc.

Lilofan

Before seeing a movie at DS AMC theatres back in the day, I used to eat at Wolgang Pack eating a good pizza then walk up to the take out window at Bongos and order a cuban colada. I was wired for the rest of the day or night. I remember in the mid 1990s when Planet Hollywood opened Bruce Willis and his band and wife Demi sang at the grand opening in the parking lot in front of thousands and actor turned nobody now Brendan Fraser was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom