Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

lindawdw

The CM at Peco's Bill certainly sounds quite rude! Glad you had another CM come to rescue even if you still had to wait the 30 minutes. :rolleyes: The Teacups have been a no go for me for many years now but right after lunch would be a disaster.🤣 Glad I wasn't walking by the spillage in the SM exit.;) Congrats on your BLY score!!! Great pictures of the construction at TRON from the TLSW! I heard there were some good discounts for the 2020 charms at Pandora! It's sad what has happened with the CM layoffs at WDW but I think I would have still sent the GM an email about your disappointing welcome experience and room issues. 😔

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The CM at Peco's Bill certainly sounds quite rude! Glad you had another CM come to rescue even if you still had to wait the 30 minutes. :rolleyes: The Teacups have been a no go for me for many years now but right after lunch would be a disaster.🤣 Glad I wasn't walking by the spillage in the SM exit.;) Congrats on your BLY score!!! Great pictures of the construction at TRON from the TLSW! I heard there were some good discounts for the 2020 charms at Pandora! It's sad what has happened with the CM layoffs at WDW but I think I would have still sent the GM an email about your disappointing welcome experience and room issues. 😔
Thanks for reading and commenting (see @MickeyCB , someone does pay attention😀)
As for writing the letter, I feel like it would be rubbing salt in the wound. Theirs, not mine.
I dont think we got any deals on Pandora. R is not a “sales rack” shopper. Especially when she was using her Uncle’s (my bff’s) card😂

giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thursday September 17, 2020

R and I finished shopping and took the monorail back to the Poly. I wanted a beer so we stopped by the pool bar, (which was not on our way but apparently the only bar open???) I should have grabbed a beer from Capt Cooks or the gift shop but I like draft. I do.
We got back to the room and decided to have a snack while showering and changing. We werent really hungry but just wanted to have a little something.
6AF05EC4-D43E-4564-A707-F6E663BF9324.jpeg

I had to send a pix to the fam.
B7F1309D-02A1-4BE9-A227-02BF76567277.jpeg

Plus🌴
❤️

Once showered, changed and topped off, we headed for the bus stop. We were going to Disney Springs to.....wait for it....
Go
giphy.gif

E04B89F1-2BB0-4AB2-BF43-D6BBE56AEE3C.jpeg

We can fly!
6201BE74-3025-4DA2-B1CE-4042D78CD9F2.jpeg

Pretty night!
A6663173-4A84-430A-9AA0-268B1BEF71C8.jpeg

Is that a hidden Mickey @fractal or a smudge on the window?
R had a list of stores. First was Vera Bradley for something for someone blah blah blah. I chose, instead to find the ladies room with the longest line in all of the World, and not just Disney World. The whole entire world.

R: “Ooooh a Frozen bracelet! And it’s Roberto Coin.”
14EF1F2B-6DC3-467C-A77D-9E1587CFCD0E.jpeg

Me: “Step away from the Roberto Coin!”

We got in line for World of Disney. It was about a 20 minute wait.
9B2CC4E4-41F3-496A-AA25-ABCDF962DC41.jpeg

We bought a few things.
Yes for AJ
0810D1BF-0EF6-4ECF-A150-42F752B25672.jpeg

No for Andreas
5B85A5FB-8C2D-4324-9901-796ED61F0A40.jpeg

0F4C0F02-82FE-4097-8CCE-D1C9BA8141E1.jpeg

Then we spent a ton of money in Basin on their Christmas Mickey soaps.
R is Jewish😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The end of Thursday, September 17th

With all that shopping I needed a beer. Besides I told @Loco_driver I would have a beer for him. I hope you like Big Wave Mr. Loco. Or do you prefer Sir Driver?
288F3CFE-B924-4A52-B2EC-FC8FF9C779A2.jpeg

R collects pins.
giphy.gif

So we headed into the pin store. Earlier today we had looked for Splash Mountain pins all over MK. I told R to look for them in other parks and at DS because people wont be expecting them to be there and might overlook them.

giphy.gif

Yes, we found them. I got some for my boys and she got some for everyone she knows😂😂
We also got some exclusive AP or DVC or something. Most of the time I was hovering in the doorway drinking my, er, loco’s, beer. At one point I saw a CM eyeballing me.
Me: “I am stationary and we are physically distanced.”
Him: “And you have the best spot. The fan is right there.”
Such a nice CM.
“Darstarr! I need your AP card so I can pay!”
I still needed something for Dre. I ran into the Star Wars store and snapped two pix and sent them to him.
I apologized about the time. It was 9:59. I was the only one there and they were locking up. They were very gracious and told me to take my time.
Dre texted me back. I purchased this
6CA01B1B-0F0C-494C-8956-9C3BA25A0129.jpeg

and I was out, after thanking them profusely.
As we headed toward the buses we played that game: “is that our bus? No? Yes! I cant tell. Yes! Run!!!”
Another bus driver who was walking by flagged down our bus and asked him to wait. So nice. Really nice.

Back in the room, I took an Advil PM and turned on my white noise app and placed it right next to my pillow. Speaking of pillow. Did I mention there was not a good one in the bunch. SSR in August had AMAZING pillows. Poly in Sept 👎

lindawdw

Sounds like a fun shopping night at DS and it was so sweet of the CM to flag down the bus for you! Hope you were able to sleep with the crappy pillow and snoring. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom