News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The site which cannot be named is saying that the opening it not going to happen in 2020 because the interior sets are not complete and the crews that are supposed to work on it are still furloughed. Can anyone confirm this?

IveBeenJack

The site which cannot be named is saying that the opening it not going to happen in 2020 because the interior sets are not complete and the crews that are supposed to work on it are still furloughed. Can anyone confirm this?
Seems like the site that shall not be named... has finally caught up with their reading on these forums 😂

I mean insiders have been stating this since at least August, that Burbank would prefer the ride to open early next year with a big marketing push.

Also side note, I think that Disney bringing Soul to Disney+ on Christmas Day was a smart move. As families will get together and begin thinking about a potential return to Walt Disney World for the 50th Anniversary. Typically the week just after Christmas is a big week for travel agency sales, so I'm guessing Disney is hoping for some strong interest that week.

Prototype82

Thanks. Yeah, I truly wasn't trying to be nitpicky, more just trying to sort out why it just feels "off" to me. I think you're right- there is some translation from this being a backstage area to onstage that may be to blame. I'm sure it'll look fine in person from the expected vantage points.
Nothing wrong with dissecting design decisions. I've been doing this in regard to this particular project as well. I really hope the third story of the blue building gets flower boxes, because it just seems so off and incomplete. As for the green supports for the chimney flats, I do hope someone realizes these need to be painted sky blue soon. It really botches the sightlines from outside the pavilion.

_caleb

Actually, our insiders are saying Disney is still trying to decide whether to open this year (late this year) or way into next year.
I don't remember, but have any insiders weighed in on the possibility of a phased opening (like the Creperie/merch stand opening before the ride)?

_caleb

None have gone on record, AFAIK.
To me, a phased opening would be an interesting way to do a selective/surprise soft-open of the ride. Open the new area to the public (the courtyard, Crepe shop, and merch stand), but save the grand opening of the ride for a bigger PR benefit next year. Then, they could randomly surprise a select number of guests to ride the ride (using them, rather than the general public as the guinea pigs for testing and to work out any issues).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I cannot confirm that.

I know why the opening can’t be until just before Christmas and it’s not due to that. Not that I think it will open this year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1602526806375.png

Bender123

It makes no sense to say that they can't open it this year because the crews are furloughed. They decide who is furloughed, so the causation would run the other way. The ride can't open until Christmas or next year, so there is no reason to bring back the crews until closer to that time.

Why would you even bother wasting an opening right now, anyway? Until the parks can return to full capacity, having an opening would be a waste of a marketing event and short term attendance boost. Im sure there are some furloughs with the construction, but Im also guessing the goal of getting it open ASAP isnt really a priority, when it wont really impact attendance/capacity in the near future. Operating it will just be another cost that isnt really getting a return. Its better off, financially and operationally to limp it to completion and mothball it for a year for a better launch window.

I dont think any "new" project will be opening before a full opening and return. It just doesnt make a lot of business sense to that.

_caleb

Why would you even bother wasting an opening right now, anyway? Until the parks can return to full capacity, having an opening would be a waste of a marketing event and short term attendance boost. Im sure there are some furloughs with the construction, but Im also guessing the goal of getting it open ASAP isnt really a priority, when it wont really impact attendance/capacity in the near future. Operating it will just be another cost that isnt really getting a return. Its better off, financially and operationally to limp it to completion and mothball it for a year for a better launch window.

I dont think any "new" project will be opening before a full opening and return. It just doesnt make a lot of business sense to that.
Right. That's what we've all been saying on this thread for some time now.

I'm hoping they take advantage of this "breathing room" between project completion and opening to work out all the bugs rather than beta test with people who pay to ride a ride that's advertised as being open.

Ldno

Now that we know that Disney is basing their guidelines off the CDC who knows when it will be at full capacity, hell it might be well into Late 2021 at this rate, they clearly just ignored Florida’s 75% and went above them playing safe, so it wouldn’t really matter if they opened the ride or not.

The thing with this pandemic is that no one sees the exit light out of this and believe me, my anxiety is killing me, but even if they go as planned with guardians and Tron, it wouldn’t really matter anyways, since if Disney is going off the CDC, that 25% capacity rule will not change no matter if Florida returns to 100% well into Spring/summer, therefore the problem will Still stand in regards to fighting for capacity and availability.

With online schooling and kids having tablets/latpops and iPads for their classrooms, it makes it flexible for them to be in a position to “skip” school and be absent since they can catch up with pre recordings But show up in the morning for check in.

Quite honestly Disney has been doing random things with their Disney Parks channel like the the “projection” announcement for Christmas. No need for a huge press conference, since it’s clear they are just mitigating everything to the blogs channel, twitter and official youtube channel

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom