Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

Rista1313

lol. You can do what you want. Anytime people talk sports I swear I just hear that Charlie Brown teacher voice. 😂
I hear the same but what's really bad, is that my husband is clueless, and he will say something like a goal for a football game... and I'll have to say.. no dear, a goal's in hockey... a goalpost to make a field goal is football... and then roll my eyes at him and laugh sportsball is hard.

Last edited:

Rista1313

Any idea who the artist is in the mermaid painting/print.... he/she has stuff all over the poly that I really just love!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
I hear the same but what's really bad, is that my husband is clueless, and he will say something like a goal for a football game... and I'll have to say.. no dear, a goal's in hockey... a goalpost to make a field goal is football... and then roll my eyes at him and laugh sportsball is hard.

😂 That sounds very familiar. Somehow DH has even less caring/knowledge of sports than me.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My daughter and family had a bad experience at the Poly a few years ago, too.
They were expecting it to be terrific, which it wasn't. Their room was dark, dank, musty smelling and tired looking.
Their breakfast trays were never picked up by housekeeping. They emptied them and stacked them up to be removed. After a few days, they put them in the hallway. When they left 7 days later, guess what??? Their trays were still in the hallway where they met many other hallway trays to keep them company!
My grandkids wanted to come stay with us at POR, but they had to stay at the Poly and suffer along with their parents, LOL.
So, my desire to stay at the Poly has left, and so has theirs.
Sorry you had to experience so many problems, AND grumpy CM's.
Knowing what I know now (say that 5 times fast) I comprehend why they were grumpy but...if I want Grumpy I will go to 7DMT!

giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
This is so making me laugh because I have migraines and am so trying to convince doc I need Botox, to ...
View attachment 503343

and I don’t even care if I can eat properly and look like this guy!
View attachment 503344

but you look beautiful as always! I hate just seeing my eyes and forehead in a mask too though, so I feel ya. I am a huge lipstick fan. Lipstick and masks don’t work. 😑 Again, darn you 2020! 😷
I love a good lipgloss. I have saved so much money not needing to buy it😂

giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thursday September 17 cont

After Big Thunder we headed over to Jungle Cruise. They wait was longer than posted because they were cleaning. At least they were only doing every other boat. They would fill a boat and send it on it’s way, then clean a boat and send it for an empty cruise etc etc etc.... We moved, but at half the pace.
Our skipper was Sedona and she was hilarious!
Need cash? There are banks all along the rivers.
7AB0AECD-F606-4C6B-8C87-ABBE8C775E5B.jpeg

Beautiful palm tree. Dark clouds...slightly less beautiful!
A239D6EE-0A00-4428-A9F1-86A83F2060ED.jpeg

While waiting for cleaning to happen I got a notification that I had new PP pix. These, obviously, were taken earlier but, well, here we are...
E45AE4E7-7C80-4ABE-9803-0C756DCFDFF6.jpeg

04C4B3F8-2598-4B4E-A377-7CAFB0F29865.jpeg

Did I post the same pix twice???

Now back to our cruise.
C5822C8B-161E-4ED9-B2BC-1A1EFDA060FD.jpeg

Selfie selfie selfie. Remember when selfie wasnt a word?
65D6D8CF-2FBF-4A85-A8FE-7556A934B05B.jpeg

Then it was time that @Loco_driver has been waiting for
977EE7B2-2043-4DCC-A6AF-C32DAE7F2939.jpeg

So good on this non snowy (😉 @fractal ) day!!

We found a shady little area. Haha. We sat in the Tiki room exit, on the wall, mask free and basked in the delicious pineapple raspberry creamy cold deliciousness. The plan was to wait for tiki to end, then we would go into the next show. In the past, they welcomed dole whips into the theatre. I assumed right now this is a no go, but I can not confirm as Tiki was full a few moments after getting on line.
Plan B, some Pirate action (have at it @Zipitidoda )
11E2521F-C94C-481E-9A7B-D63918AFA123.jpeg

Being in the front row I finally got a picture of the rock formation that looks like a skull. Being me, the photo looks like garbage.
850394A3-ACDD-4DE6-A080-351D7B62FE1B.jpeg

1BB4ADF4-F3C3-489E-982F-D7449995AF06.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

After pirates we were hungry. It was about 11:30 and eating at WDW is hard so we figured we should make a decision on where to eat. Pecos Bill is right there and always my first choice but would it work with R’s allergies? I know she loves mexican and I showed her the menu. We knew we could not mobile order so we went to the bouncer at the door and said “allergies”. Guess what? She was so rude. So rude. Do you think we are making this up?
“It will be at least a 30 minute wait to see a cashier.”
Me: “that is better than using an epipen!”

A very nice CM heard the exchange and offered to take us to the “specials” line where another lovely CM bouncer was at the door. We had about 4 parties in front of us and it did take about 30 minutes but there was some confusion because there are menus with allergy friendly items. But R does not have the regular allergy. It would be easy if it was dairy or peanuts or something common. No, R is allergic to onions and peppers. In a Mexican restaurant....
Turns out, there is an allergy book which contains all the ingredients in a dish. I wish I had never seen that book. So many preservatives and ingredients you would find in prepackaged food.
Anyhow, as most of you are aware of, onions are the backbone of almost all cooking. It makes up 50% of mirepoix which is the base for all stocks, roasts and braised meats. In other words, onion is in almost everything! Luckily, she can eat items that have been flavored with onion (and peppers) she just can not eat the item itself. Black pepper and onion powder are also ok.
We ordered and waited. R went to get a table while I waited for the food. Usually it is so crowded in here I never noticed this and it made me think of Mr. @Loco_driver (I told you, Loco. You were on my mind this day).
8F846B5F-306C-444F-B239-3CBCFA15802B.jpeg

I had to wait forever for some dude to get out my shot.
No more toppings bar, all items were on the side.
Pork carnitas nachos for me.
DC7ED706-899F-4FC6-AAFB-6619676D4F85.jpeg

Chicken nachos for R with EVERYTHING on the side.
0064C3DF-825A-4794-9289-01AF9D24B2C9.jpeg

She was very happy. See...
DD24C1D9-8ABB-4135-B866-655591319FC1.jpeg

Bellies way too full, we had planned on sharing one nacho but because of the allergy opted for separate, we headed out and saw these guys.
A0DF4A79-1537-41F7-84FA-75B0DBE4DE59.jpeg

Again, I thought of Mr Loco. I need help.

12:30. Look how empty.
4719F7DD-51C1-4359-9FEB-D1EFF0B75E03.jpeg

27F282AE-B263-459E-BABB-117C1B05141D.jpeg

67F9DEAB-0931-405E-ABBB-FC5BB868B58E.jpeg

And for Ms Gigi ( @DisneyGigi )
If I were a duck I would also live under a MK popcorn cart. Good popcorn, shade. That’s living!

Loco_driver

I never noticed this and it made me think of Mr. @Loco_driver (I told you, Loco. You were on my mind

I’ve never noticed that Texas flag. It makes sense that it would be in Pecos Bills, but it’s usually so packed in there I’m just happy to find a seat!

Glad someone at MK was at least thinking of me! I was supposed to be there that day, but you know, 2020.

DisneyGigi

After pirates we were hungry. It was about 11:30 and eating at WDW is hard so we figured we should make a decision on where to eat. Pecos Bill is right there and always my first choice but would it work with R’s allergies? I know she loves mexican and I showed her the menu. We knew we could not mobile order so we went to the bouncer at the door and said “allergies”. Guess what? She was so rude. So rude. Do you think we are making this up?
“It will be at least a 30 minute wait to see a cashier.”
Me: “that is better than using an epipen!”

A very nice CM heard the exchange and offered to take us to the “specials” line where another lovely CM bouncer was at the door. We had about 4 parties in front of us and it did take about 30 minutes but there was some confusion because there are menus with allergy friendly items. But R does not have the regular allergy. It would be easy if it was dairy or peanuts or something common. No, R is allergic to onions and peppers. In a Mexican restaurant....
Turns out, there is an allergy book which contains all the ingredients in a dish. I wish I had never seen that book. So many preservatives and ingredients you would find in prepackaged food.
Anyhow, as most of you are aware of, onions are the backbone of almost all cooking. It makes up 50% of mirepoix which is the base for all stocks, roasts and braised meats. In other words, onion is in almost everything! Luckily, she can eat items that have been flavored with onion (and peppers) she just can not eat the item itself. Black pepper and onion powder are also ok.
We ordered and waited. R went to get a table while I waited for the food. Usually it is so crowded in here I never noticed this and it made me think of Mr. @Loco_driver (I told you, Loco. You were on my mind this day).
View attachment 504130
I had to wait forever for some dude to get out my shot.
No more toppings bar, all items were on the side.
Pork carnitas nachos for me.
View attachment 504131
Chicken nachos for R with EVERYTHING on the side.
View attachment 504132
She was very happy. See...
View attachment 504133

Bellies way too full, we had planned on sharing one nacho but because of the allergy opted for separate, we headed out and saw these guys.
View attachment 504134

12:30. Look how empty.
View attachment 504135
View attachment 504136
View attachment 504137

And for Ms Gigi ( @DisneyGigi )
If I were a duck I would also live under a MK popcorn cart. Good popcorn, shade. That’s living!
Disney ducks are smarter than your average Duck! 😂 Man, I cannot wait to see my Disney 🦆 🦆 soon!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I’ve never noticed that Texas flag. It makes sense that it would be in Pecos Bills, but it’s usually so packed in there I’m just happy to find a seat!

Glad someone at MK was at least thinking of me! I was supposed to be there that day, but you know, 2020.
Yes, I know all about 2020.
More salute to all Magicians but mostly Loco coming up😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thursday, September 17 cont

Next we were Haunted Mansion bound.
19DD0027-0437-40A9-8AC6-A909F607E7BD.jpeg

D33FAB3E-BBCD-4434-B8F9-9D566697B0F1.jpeg

I wanted to look for the ring and was explaining to R what little I know about it as I was googling and bottom line, there was no time. Which, I guess is a good thing.
2486A097-4AEA-4F07-9428-7923BA96115B.jpeg

CB4FEFAB-74A9-4FA3-9881-3357C035C264.jpeg

Definitely did NOT nail it😂
I like the preshow/stretching room buuuuut, I like not being hearded like cattle even more.

What next R?
“Tea cups!”
37208CC5-47AA-4E1C-939E-8882F3999D1A.jpeg

R wanted a pink teacup.
6413CAC2-F0A9-4123-8E3C-B5C6119E0BC0.jpeg

For the record, we were way too full to do the tea cups. Who the heck did we think we were? Thank goodness lunch stayed in our stomaches. Some lunches, as you will soon learn, were not as lucky!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom