Main Street Electrical Parade

DznyRktekt

Here's a bit of fun from back when the Disney Channel had worthwhile programming. It's a behind-the-scenes special about the MSEP. If you're not a fan of 1980's cheese, then this isn't for you, but it's full of awesome footage of the parade, the floats, and the work that went into them. Enjoy!

My how things have changed..

krb201

I miss the old time night parades because they were better designed to be integrated into the park spaces than what we have now. Brought so much kinetic energy to the parks at night. And then the quiet peace left in their wake after the park started to empty after the second running was more acute and really showed off the original design touches of the park at night.

brb1006

I miss the old time night parades because they were better designed to be integrated into the park spaces than what we have now. Brought so much kinetic energy to the parks at night. And then the quiet peace left in their wake after the park started to empty after the second running was more acute and really showed off the original design touches of the park at night.
"Kinetic energy to the parks" is the perfect way to describe the old MK nighttime feeling.

Horizons1

And this thread was raised from the dead because......
Because this person wanted to express their opinion on something they love about Disney.

If bothers you so much click on a thread that wasn’t raised from the dead and leave this one be.

There’s enough crap going on in the world that we don’t need to be critical of someone posting on an older thread in a Disney forum.

deeevo

I still want it back at least one more time for its 50th anniversary.
Proud Of You Yes GIF

The Empress Lilly

I still want it back at least one more time for its 50th anniversary.
I'd book a ticket and I wouldn't care if the plague itself were upon us!
Last year I flew all the way to LA for the specific purpose of seeing the MSEP. It was heaven, I saw it nine times in five days and realised I'll never tire of it this lifetime or the next!
20190903_232548.jpg

Ldno

I'd book a ticket and I wouldn't care if the plague itself were upon us!
Last year I flew all the way to LA for the specific purpose of seeing the MSEP. It was heaven, I saw it nine times in five days and realised I'll never tire of it this lifetime or the next!
View attachment 503588
I did the same thing, it felt weird seeing it after 2012, but seriously Disneyland hit the nail on the head bringing it back and Soarin over California, I cried everytime!!!!!!! If you ever see me at the parks, don’t mind me overflowing with tears not from sadness but from Joy, hearing Jerry’s Goldsmith soundtrack got me as usual!! But MSEP hit me in the feels!!!

brb1006

I did the same thing, it felt weird seeing it after 2012, but seriously Disneyland hit the nail on the head bringing it back and Soarin over California, I cried everytime!!!!!!! If you ever see me at the parks, don’t mind me overflowing with tears not from sadness but from Joy, hearing Jerry’s Goldsmith soundtrack got me as usual!! But MSEP hit me in the feels!!!
I prefer Spectromagic, it's more classier and prettier compared to MSEP (and starting to show it's age).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom