NHL 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Vegas Golden Knights)

LSLS

Jokes aside for how asinine the NBCSN announcing was about Barzal, Isles have a nice future. Gotta admit I'm taking a ton of joy in watching how good the Isles are and how they keep advancing in the playoffs while Tavares sits at home (along with sticking it to the analysts who all thought the Isles had nothing without him).

I think the finals will really depend on if there is an effective Point, and if Stamkos is back as rumored. If those both happen, I think the Stars are in a TON of trouble. If not, I actually still favor the Lightning some, but I think it's much tighter. I just expect Khudobin to fall off at some point, and even without those two, the Lightning still have the best forward, best dman, and best goalie in the series.

Nutso4Disney

In the Parks
No
Not really paying much attention to this. My boyfriend was really cheering for the Flyers, but they are out now. He told me he wants Dallas to win.

Twisted Ballerina

In the Parks
No
Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning for winning The Stanley Cup. I am already looking forward to next season and more of the young Vancouver Canucks to improve on what they did this season.

Love Ft Wilderness

Thrilled to watch the Tampa Bay Lightning win their 2nd Stanley Cup. I've been watching that team since they started playing at the Florida fairgrounds. Looking forward to seeing the cup in person, I hope.

LSLS

Thrilled to watch the Tampa Bay Lightning win their 2nd Stanley Cup. I've been watching that team since they started playing at the Florida fairgrounds. Looking forward to seeing the cup in person, I hope.
Yeah, I just spent WAY too much money on merch. Not sure why I was less nervous last night than for Game 5, but I was. That team really earned it.

LSLS

Well draft is tomorrow, and I fully expect chaos. Rumor abound of Matt Murray, Kris Letang, Patrick Laine, Matt Dumba, and others on the block. Tampa is going to need to make significant moves as well with these flat caps.

Any guesses on players/teams? If I'm going guesses right now?

I think Laine goes to Columbus. I'm thinking something like David Savard, Josh Anderson, and a first
I think you see Matt Murray go as well, but I'm not sure where. Maybe Edmonton or Calgary. I think the return will be a lot less than people anticipate, maybe like a 2nd if that.
I'll say OEL heads to Vancouver, and the return is again probably less than people expect.
I think Colorado makes a splash. Could be a trade for Rask, or could be they go after Letang.

Tampa will send off Killorn. They will try to move Johnson if he will waive his NTC, and if not, possible McDonaugh. Maybe McDonaugh goes to Minnesota in a package involving Dumba (again, assuming he waives his NTC). There are reports that Tampa and Edmonton are working a deal where Sergachev and a foward go to Edmonton in exchange for Evan Bouchard, the Oilers first, and Puljiarvi. As Tampa fan, I'd do it.

Love Ft Wilderness

According to some sources, Tyler Johnson of the TB Lightning has submitted a list of teams. I guess he's accepting his fate. I hate to see the team breaking up but I do understand the business of hockey. That's also why I didn't put a name/number on my team sweater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom