Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

UNCgolf

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the option eliminated in Florida permanently.

I would. It would devastate EPCOT; the World Showcase makes tons of money from park hoppers going there to eat dinner. They'd probably have to permanently close half of the restaurants if they were only open to people who spent the entire day at EPCOT.

Plus they make huge amounts of money selling that park hopper option and it costs them almost nothing. They have to run buses from each of the parks to the other parks; that's basically it.

UNCgolf

They're not going to be eliminated permanently. But they won't return for a long, long, long, long while.

I actually think the opposite for the reasons I posted above -- I'd guess they want to return the park hopper option as quickly as possible because it's almost free money.

I don't think it's feasible to have them at the moment, but I'd bet that the second they think they can pull it off operationally without creating too many safety concerns, they will be back.

MaximumEd

Park hopper tickets don’t really exist anymore, you add park hopper options to the tickets.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the option eliminated in Florida permanently.
I feel like we’re going in circles. I know they don’t exist now, but I was responding to someone who said the same thing you did....that they wouldn’t be surprised to see them go for good. I was just giving my opinion that they wouldn’t leave that potential money on the table and would bring them back as soon as they could.

Jon81uk

I feel like we’re going in circles. I know they don’t exist now, but I was responding to someone who said the same thing you did....that they wouldn’t be surprised to see them go for good. I was just giving my opinion that they wouldn’t leave that potential money on the table and would bring them back as soon as they could.
The previous poster wasn't talking about Covid changes, it was the way Magic Your Way tickets work, you don't buy "park hopper tickets" you add the park hopping option to your ticket package.

deWild

You could always buy the base tickets and add a hopper or two onto a couple of the days. Or buy an annual pass when it becomes reasonable to travel.

Hmm.... I don’t think it should be in storybook but I DO think storybook deserves more. I wish they could have done a Casey’s JR. ride, they could have built a circus train that was parked next to the wdw rr with AA animals sticking out... the railroad would have passed it on one side, and the Casey jr. train would have passed it on the other.
That would be really cute, but I'm sure they want to avoid adding any more railroad/train adjacent attractions to avoid confusion. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Walt Disney World Railroad, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train all get jumbled in the minds of most guests unfamiliar with the park.

TrainsOfDisney

That would be really cute, but I'm sure they want to avoid adding any more railroad/train adjacent attractions to avoid confusion. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Walt Disney World Railroad, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train all get jumbled in the minds of most guests unfamiliar with the park.
I guess that’s why my proposal for the “Walt Disney world Casey jr. and seven dwarves mine train to big thunder railroad” was returned to me with a big “not interested” rubber stamped on the front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom