Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

mickEblu

Or more specifically, will prohibit DLR from being profitable returning a net positive contribution.

I would hate to think though that other parks are going to suffer, because Disney can't reimagine their business model, or admit that filling their park with cheap APs for decades was a bad idea. The guidelines should just be accepted for being the safe and rational way forward, and if it doesn't work for Disney, so be it.

These two things aren’t mutually exclusive. Disney has been filling their park with APs AND Newsomes guidelines are ridiculous and not feasible.

Travel Junkie

These two things aren’t mutually exclusive. Disney has been filling their park with APs AND Newsomes guidelines are ridiculous and not feasible.

Under the rumored guidelines Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai Disney would be open.
Paris, WDW, and Disneyland would be closed.

So it is feasible.

I believe they should revisit the guidelines and do what they can to get people back to work ASAP. However, IMO some posters should slow down on the rhetoric directed at the state. I know that's not a popular opinion and I have stayed quiet lately since anyone who doesn't think a certain way is shouted down. However, I believe it is a much more nuanced and complex issue than people are presenting it to be.

mickEblu

Under the rumored guidelines Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai Disney would be open.
Paris, WDW, and Disneyland would be closed.

So it is feasible.

I believe they should revisit the guidelines and do what they can to get people back to work ASAP. However, IMO some posters should slow down on the rhetoric directed at the state. I know that's not a popular opinion and I have stayed quiet lately since anyone who doesn't think a certain way is shouted down. However, I believe it is a much more nuanced and complex issue than people are presenting it to be.

Ok I forgot Disneyland was located in China/ Japan.

Last edited:

mickEblu

No one really cares about those foreign parks anyway. Disneyland is the only park that matters, second would be all of Disneyworld.

if I had the time and money to see all the parks around the world I would do it. Then again I keep choosing Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean for our family vacations. Convenience probably has something to do with it.

But yeah Disneyland will obviously always be King.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

if I had the time and money to see all the parks around the world I would do it. Then again I keep choosing Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean for our family vacations. Convenience probably has something to do with it.

I would probably visit them too just to check them out, but would I make multiple trips? no. would I buy a annual pass for any of those parks? No. But I would for Disneyland without question or hesitation.

SuddenStorm

Not to mention variety. Sure other Disney parks have different attractions and shows and shops- and sure they'd be fun to see- but when you live so close to Disneyland Park, why spend vacation time and money for an experience that's usually similar in a lot of key ways?

mickEblu

Not to mention variety. Sure other Disney parks have different attractions and shows and shops- and sure they'd be fun to see- but when you live so close to Disneyland Park, why spend vacation time and money for an experience that's usually similar in a lot of key ways?

Yeah that’s pretty much where I’m at. I’d have to be vacationing more than one long vacation a year to see other Disney parks. It’s also why I haven’t been to NY yet. I have a hard time picking NY over more relaxing tropical vacations when I’m only averaging a long vacation every 1.5 to 2 years.

Gottalovepluto

One of the rumored guidelines (where my friend got it, I don't know) was to be in the yellow tier. They were fine with everything else but that one.
Like a dozen places have reported that now.

Alas one of the other reported rumors is they got that dropped to orange but the radius is the sticking point. Can you imagine they’re limited to radius operations until Covid is gone? We’re potentially talking a few years here! IF it goes away. I can see why they want it dropped.

SplashGhost

There are at least two major problems with the radius requirement. One is that it won't do anything to help all the independent hotels and businesses around the theme parks that rely on guests from outside this radius to stay afloat.

The other thing is that there is nothing preventing Californians from going outside their local area and bringing COVID back with them, which makes the entire thing pointless. It almost feels like this is a requirement made to try to discourage parks from opening at all.

cmwade77

I have purchased passes for Disney World a couple of times. Now granted this was through DVC when they offered good deals, but we like both coasts and would love to visit the foreign parks.

cmwade77

There are at least two major problems with the radius requirement. One is that it won't do anything to help all the independent hotels and businesses around the theme parks that rely on guests from outside this radius to stay afloat.

The other thing is that there is nothing preventing Californians from going outside their local area and bringing COVID back with them, which makes the entire thing pointless. It almost feels like this is a requirement made to try to discourage parks from opening at all.
You are absolutely correct on both. As I said before there is no real way to enforce this given the way address changes work in California. It is even simple to say you just moved from another state. Again, impossible to enforce.

cmwade77

Like a dozen places have reported that now.

Alas one of the other reported rumors is they got that dropped to orange but the radius is the sticking point. Can you imagine they’re limited to radius operations until Covid is gone? We’re potentially talking a few years here! IF it goes away. I can see why they want it dropped.
Considering COVID has been around far longer than the "experts" are willing to admit, there is no way it will ever disappear completely.

The tiers should be identical to zoos and Aquariums, anything else should result in immediate lawsuits for treating similar businesses differently, in short discrimination against theme parks.

truecoat

Considering COVID has been around far longer than the "experts" are willing to admit, there is no way it will ever disappear completely.

The tiers should be identical to zoos and Aquariums, anything else should result in immediate lawsuits for treating similar businesses differently, in short discrimination against theme parks.

It's interesting that you put "experts" in quotes but my guess is you have only "studied" the problem on the internet.

cmwade77

It's interesting that you put "experts" in quotes but my guess is you have only "studied" the problem on the internet.
If something is novel (i.e. new), there can be no such thing as an expert, it is an impossibility and for the record, no I have spoken with a number of doctors and other medical professionals in person and base my opinions off their information and the information that is available on the internet.

lazyboy97o

If something is novel (i.e. new), there can be no such thing as an expert, it is an impossibility and for the record, no I have spoken with a number of doctors and other medical professionals in person and base my opinions off their information and the information that is available on the internet.
Are these the same doctors that told you about the secret parts of HIPAA?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom