Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s very different from the full time union cm’s like grand Floridian orchestra, yeehaw Bob, Ben from frozen, etc.

I’m always biased in my thinking because everyone I know personally is full time in entertainment so I assume everyone is treated that way even though I know that’s not reality.

Well that’s such a TINY fraction of the wdw employees. Not the best comparison to make on whether working for Disney is “professionally rewarding”
Head chef at Sanaa gone.

really good authentic food replaced by generic food in chemical sauces= confirmed
Aladdin’s character dining experience on DECK!!!

note2001

Source? I'm not sure that the entire department is cut...
They can't cut the entire department without an uproar from AP holders who have been promised photopass pics. What they're probably keeping are the behind the scenes folk, the automated pic taking and a few key positions (main street for starters).

tallica

Does anyone know if Disney is required to honor union contracts in Florida? Specifically the one keeping union CMs on furlough until April 2021. I can't find any information online and thought someone here might have some insight.

RETLAW

Does anyone know if Disney is required to honor union contracts in Florida? Specifically the one keeping union CMs on furlough until April 2021. I can't find any information online and thought someone here might have some insight.
As someone who may or may not be union CM at WDW, I can say that Disney has always held the rights to do lay offs when needed (Even during covid). There are just a few steps that the company has to follow in order to do it.

TrainsOfDisney

Well, we'll never know which well-known named WDI employees were fired if they had NDAs that keeps them from telling anyone they were fired!
Scott Trowbridge posted an Instagram a message that could be taken either way.

I’m going to guess Joe is on some sort of leave, he hasn’t returned to the office since quarantine. If they want to go ahead with Bahamas they will need him for political reasons.

Hopefully Steve stays around as long as possible.

Anyone else?

Lilofan

love that. NBA players have been so good at giving back for years.
NBA players from a previous thread post a member advised players bought thousands of dollars of items to occupy their time while staying at WDW resorts. Just donate them to WDW cast members who are being laid off. Since the millionaire salaried NBA players have stayed at WDW resorts at their team's expense, what about leaving a very generous tip before checking out of the hotel?

Last edited:

Lilofan

Unions and WDW surely will meet to discuss layoffs and etc. In regards to CA, unions in DLR have advised in FB to cast , union cast ( in food and beverage for example ) would start to be laid off starting Nov 1 and non union, salaried and executive in process of getting laid off.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom