Lion King sequel in the works

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"The Walt Disney Studios has set Oscar winner Barry Jenkins to direct the studio’s follow-up to the 2019 blockbuster The Lion King. Jeff Nathanson, who scripted the last installment, is back in the fold and has completed an initial draft of script. Jenkins won the Oscar for scripting the Best Picture winner Moonlight and was nominated for adapting If Beale Street Could Talk (he directed both).

The film will continue with the photo-realistic technology that director Jon Favreau used in the 2019 film and 2016’s The Jungle Book. There is no release date set for The Lion King follow-up or for the production start, but it is understandably a top priority for Sean Bailey’s division after the last film grossed $1.6 billion worldwide."

erasure fan1

Just playing devil’s advocate here but what director isn’t going to say positive things about the film their going to direct?
Yeah, I never really understood this. The people working on a film are the last people I would trust. Especially projects like this, it's always such a great script or one of the best things I've worked on.

champdisney

The actor on the right looks a lot like Nuka from Simba's Pride.

1630647716025.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom