Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

note2001

My reading is all of Parks, Experiences, and Products will likely be hit, so that includes Signature Experiences (DCL/ABD/DVC), and probably Products by way of those Disney Store closings that @the.dreamfinder mentioned. Which will still result in FL getting hurt the most just by the sheer size of the workforce in FL, but this could end up a little more spread out than first reactions thought.

DVC should not be impacted. Owners cover the expenses for housekeeping, maintenance, emergencies etc. What might happen is if they're digging into the resorts that share resources with a hotel we may see some of those staffed positions eliminated or reduced.

Here's hoping this temporary workforce reduction is just that, temporary.

Lilofan

We will see for certain..... I bet VP's and above are safe. There will be some directors that will get axed due to not having enough underlings to manage but for the most part they will be just fine.
In that level usually in big companies they don't leave emptyhanded.

the.dreamfinder

DVC should not be impacted. Owners cover the expenses for housekeeping, maintenance, emergencies etc. What might happen is if they're digging into the resorts that share resources with a hotel we may see some of those staffed positions eliminated or reduced.

Sales?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like we can add the Poly Luau "Spirit of Aloha" to the list of things killed in this round of layofffs. Although this is me more asking if anyone else can confirm this one.
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.21.41 PM.png

maxairmike

That's what I'd expect, the folks behind the scenes at Saratoga and down in Celebration to be vulnerable. I would doubt hourly DVC resort operations folks have too much to worry about.

MaryJaneP

So sad. Read all preceding pages and looked to see if other places like Aulania and Vero Beach are gonna see losses. I might have missed a few but did not see any. Aulani was supposed to open on Nov. 1. Is that changed? How about Castaway Cay staffing? Also what about Lighthouse Point in the Bahamas (announced early in 2020)?

asianway

So sad. Read all preceding pages and looked to see if other places like Aulania and Vero Beach are gonna see losses. I might have missed a few but did not see any. Aulani was supposed to open on Nov. 1. Is that changed? How about Castaway Cay staffing? Also what about Lighthouse Point in the Bahamas (announced early in 2020)?
There’s only like a dozen dedicated Castaway cast

TrainsOfDisney

I think that if you are a full time union employee in Florida, you are *probably* in a better place than salaried and non union ranks.
Perhaps a better place, but not safe. Grand Floridian Orchestra and Yeehaw Bob fall into this category. I’m guessing other entertainers who have been cut do as well.

SamusAranX

I said this in the DL page but there was absolutely NO REASON that disney couldn't have made an extra effort to keep cash flowing. Look at knotts. Their Halloween event is COMPLETELY sold out. This is on disney.
Which event are you referring to? Last I read yesterday Knott’s Scary Farm is cancelled

Giss Neric

I'm really more surprised that 67% are only part-timers? That's huge. Of course, they would prioritize regular employees, but with that amount of part-time, it would not be that difficult to let them go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom