News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Horizons1

Its too bad the demolition of the electric umbrella is moving forward, I hope not all ends up in a dumpster, because I would have paid a few thousand dollars for that Electric Umbrella neon sign.
I can see the eBay listing now “Authentic in park used merch - plucked right from the dumpster behind EPCOT!!”.

NelsonRD

I can see the eBay listing now “Authentic in park used merch - plucked right from the dumpster behind EPCOT!!”.

They should auction some of this off, and donate the proceeds for something they are throwing away anyways. Wonder if they are afraid of diluting the brand, kind of why Louis Vuitton destroys unsold merchandise opposed to heavy discounts.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

bpiper

SirWillow

If you look closely at some of those pictures, you can see that they left the tables up there and the dispenser of knives, forks and spoons up there. The one that you pull the lever on and it dispenses a single utensil.
I'm just shaking my head over that. The tables are very clear and easy to see. Why didn't they remove them? Seems they could have been used, sold to CM's or other business, or something else done with them rather than just include them in the demo.

so much of this just seems off, without the planning, attention to detail, or care about some of these things. And for a company that seems to want to squeeze every nickel and dime out of everything it can, it seems very wasteful.

Horizons1

If you look closely at some of those pictures, you can see that they left the tables up there and the dispenser of knives, forks and spoons up there. The one that you pull the lever on and it dispenses a single utensil.
You think that’s bad, you should see photos from when Horizons was demolished. Machines tore into full sets that weren’t even attempted to be removed and saved. It’s gut-wrenching.

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

You think that’s bad, you should see photos from when Horizons when demolished. Machines tore into full sets that weren’t even attempted to be removed and saved. It’s gut-wrenching.
To be fair they did remove a lot of props and figures, it's just not logical or easy to fully remove a set. I agree that it's awful to see them ripped open, but it's not very easy to remove large set pieces while the building is enclosed.

DreamfinderGuy

There’s nothing unusual about FF&E (furniture, fixtures & equipment) being part of a demolition. Even items that are to be saved it is typical for that to be the responsibility of the contractor.
But they would've fit through the front door. It's not something that had to be abandoned in the structure. We know Disney can take anything not nailed down (and in many cases, things that are nailed down) quite easily, it was just decided to leave all this stuff here for god knows why, and that's kinda sad.

lazyboy97o

But they would've fit through the front door. It's not something that had to be abandoned in the structure. We know Disney can take anything not nailed down (and in many cases, things that are nailed down) quite easily, it was just decided to leave all this stuff here for god knows why, and that's kinda sad.
It was decided because it’s old and no longer of use. There was no reason to not abandon it in place.

DreamfinderGuy

It was decided because it’s old and no longer of use. There was no reason to not abandon it in place.
Of course it's no longer of use to Disney, but the point is this stuff could've been sold for their own benefit or even donated somewhere. I'm sure people would rush to Cast Connection to buy a piece of this place, regardless of whether or not they have a purpose for it.

Horizons1

To be fair they did remove a lot of props and figures, it's just not logical or easy to fully remove a set. I agree that it's awful to see them ripped open, but it's not very easy to remove large set pieces while the building is enclosed.
I know. But I still hate seeing Mesa Verde meeting it’s doom.

tparris

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but it appears that they have been pressure washing the EPCOT monorail line during the downtime.
B9EEE823-4EA2-4BC1-9657-BF95D2D0B16F.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom