News Goodbye to The Grand Floridian Society Orchestra

ThatMouse

No, I’m speaking theoretically, but I can’t imagine Bob Iger writing an email to terminate this band, specifically.
I'm more upset about how Disney has treated them the last couple of years. They've been moved around so much, never rebuilt a proper stage, and finally moved them into a theater to play Disney tunes!?! That's an insult for jazz musicians. That was the main storyline of the movie La La Land. They only ever played Disney tunes because they took requests, even from hillbillies coming over with their Bud Lights in bottles from the Gasparilla. They are true professionals. I'm just not sure if there are any jazz band venues in Orlando. Maybe Universal will pick them up.

chama1

I almost missed this announcement in the paper and I was so sad....I really didn't think this band would be dropped as it's such a "staple" at the GF....it was a joy to here them during the Holidays...ppl would dance to their music...what a shame.

trainplane3

For our non-Facebook viewing friends:
grandflo.JPG

Even though we all know it won't change anyones mind, here's the link to the petition:

wannabeBelle

I recall the Beatles tribute band at UK. The performers even wore mop wigs to look like Paul, George, John and Ringo. That was about 20 years ago.
That is the one I thinking of. I remember they had different costumes for the different time frames of the Beatles. I am not a huge Beatles fan but they did it pretty well, I thought. I did prefer British Revolution as it covers more bands from the UK. Marie

Lilofan

That is the one I thinking of. I remember they had different costumes for the different time frames of the Beatles. I am not a huge Beatles fan but they did it pretty well, I thought. I did prefer British Revolution as it covers more bands from the UK. Marie
I liked the Beatles band a lot. We would try to attend the several musical sets during our stay in one day. Each musical set had different songs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm more upset about how Disney has treated them the last couple of years. They've been moved around so much, never rebuilt a proper stage, and finally moved them into a theater to play Disney tunes!?! That's an insult for jazz musicians. That was the main storyline of the movie La La Land. They only ever played Disney tunes because they took requests, even from hillbillies coming over with their Bud Lights in bottles from the Gasparilla. They are true professionals. I'm just not sure if there are any jazz band venues in Orlando. Maybe Universal will pick them up.

I’ve never read a post on any Disney fan forum that reminded me of my tenure at the GF more...

Thank you. 😂

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom