Orchestra at GF last day 10/3?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELG13

Original Poster
I am so sad to hear this. When we visited last they were playing and I felt like it always set such a wonderful tone for the hotel. It just gave it this old world, rich feel. Is there a reason why? I hope it's not a money issue. Surely they could have found a way to keep them there. I'm so very disappointed right now.

nickys

Premium Member
I am so sad to hear this. When we visited last they were playing and I felt like it always set such a wonderful tone for the hotel. It just gave it this old world, rich feel. Is there a reason why? I hope it's not a money issue. Surely they could have found a way to keep them there. I'm so very disappointed right now.
Here’s thread discussing it:

John park hopper

Another luxury resort perk down the drain. Soon you won't be able to tell the difference between luxury, moderate or value resorts --except for the price. Disney's fast pass lane to mediocrity

Flugell

My husband and I have always made a point of going to the Grand Floridian at least once during our Disney trip. The major attraction was the incredible orchestra. We are both brass players and marvelled at the skill and talents of the brass players and would listen, whilst sipping a suitable beverage, for hours. Live music, in that style, is a rarity, certainly in the U.K. and it can have unexpected consequences. I listened to a trumpet soloist at the age of about 7 and from then on the only instrument I wanted to play was a trumpet. It took me another ten years to persuade my parents to let me learn, but the experience changed my life! That’s how I met my husband and we still play in a band today.
It seems very short sighted of Disney to dismiss such a unique feature in one of their most prestigious hotels but I suppose it is just another horrible feature of the pandemic.
May I take this opportunity to thank the orchestra for the hours of pleasure they provided for us and probably millions of others. I wish you success and employment in the very near future, your musicality deserves that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom