Pre-Trip They made me an offer I couldn’t refuse....A 2020 Disney Trip Try #3 🤞🏻

That’s right...I’m back! And still kind of in shock! It’s been one HE🏒🏒 of year right?? Our original trip was for April 2020 but then the Rona happened. So we moved it to the beginning of July thinking “it’ll have to be done by then right??” Wrong! The Rona decided we didn’t need a trip then either. So we gave up and decided to just cancel. 😩 But then a few months later Disney sends you an email...

Let’s go over the intros and details!

Who: Me (Megan), my husband (George), and our daughter Ryleigh
6EA1126E-4A1C-4E38-BA0A-86E7FA32D2B5.jpeg

(Photo from our last minute “since we can’t go to Disney” beach trip which consisted of eating at our condo and staying away from people on the beach)

When: November 5-8

Where: Art of Animation - Little Mermaid section (I know it’s the furthest away but we’re only 3 people and Ryleigh has become quite the Disney movie fanatic during quarantine so I think she’ll love seeing the different sections)

Why: Does being tired of 2020 count????
Our lives got crazy around May this year. My husband was laid off for 6 weeks during quarantine. (Stinks but also nice when he has worked 6/7 days a week during our whole relationship). During this time, he helped his parents do some work around their house and clean out 30 years of “memories” that they have accumulated. (2.5 dumpsters full 😒) This lead them to decide that they were ready to downsize to a smaller home or apartment. Before my husband got laid off, we had been looking at new homes because we were ready for some more room. (God always has a plan!) So we decided to purchase their house once they found somewhere to move to. They built it when my husband was around Ryleigh’s age and I love sentimental stuff like that. We figured if everything happened within the year that would be perfect. But it was more like a couple weeks 😨 They were just browsing at options and within 3 weeks found somewhere that they couldn’t pass up. By the end of June, they purchased it. We put our home on the market and within 4 days we had 7 showings and 3 offers. We signed contingency papers 5 days after the house went on the market. Our original closing was the beginning of August so that gave us one month and a few days to get them into their new home, clean out whatever they left behind, and get our stuff moved into our new/their old house. And that included one week being blocked out because we booked our last minute beach trip before we knew all of this would happen and we couldn’t get out of our reservation. (My in-laws went too) Holy whirlwind!

Mixed in with all of this, life kept throwing us some good ones....we celebrated our 10 year anniversary, had to say goodbye to one of our dogs 😭, and our home kept giving us little surprises like a freak accident breaking our new air conditioning unit! But we managed to make our deadline to close and.....our closing got delayed! 🤬 Our buyers decided they wanted to start making some demands that needed to be met before we closed. We complied and were set to close the end of August and....it got delayed AGAIN! 🤬🤬 More demands. We complied AGAIN (and also informed them that if they pulled that again, they would be finding a new house to buy). Naturally, our household was quite stressed. I had been reading trip reports and seeing posts of low crowds and the itch started. I mentioned to George if we closed by my birthday, we should book a celebratory trip to Disney. He humored the idea and then the signs started....
*I get an email the next day from Disney with a discount code and it was a price that we couldn‘t pass up but we weren’t for sure yet 😨
*During our closing last week (it FINALLY happened!!!), our buyers realtor started talking Disney with me because she remembered seeing all of our Disney decor when she showed our home 😨😨
*The check we got at the closing was a tiny bit more than we expected...almost EXACTLY what my hypothetical trip would cost 😨😨😨
*The cost of the flights is EXACTLY the amount of credits we had from our canceled trip 😨😨😨😨
*Disney Jr recently started showing WDW’s Christmas commercial and Ryleigh gasps every time and proclaims ”I want to go there and ride Bumbo” 😢😨😢😨😢

So to finish out my birthday yesterday, WE BOOKED OUR TRIP! We may be crazy for doing this during a global pandemic but we need some magic! I’m not doing too much broadcasting of our trip because everyone’s got an opinion (entitled to them but it’s to each their own). But I figured my fellow magicians were a good company to share the news with!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
I’m in!

That’s a lot of stress. You definitely need/deserve this trip.

Also, our dining room set is a hand me down from my in-laws. I really want to paint it and my MIL has given her blessing but it still makes me nervous. I can’t imagine moving into my in-laws old house. 😱

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Woo Hoo!! You definitely need this trip!! What a year it’s been for sure!! Happy Birthday & congrats on the house!!

Amen! I always feel guilty complaining about the craziness because there’s so much worse going on out there but man oh man!! Thanks and thanks!!

Sounds like you all deserve an awesome trip! Hope house moving and settling in has gone well and that everything mellows so you can have fun in November.

We’re working on getting to the fun stuff now like ordering living room furniture!

To quote my new front door mat....
B35136D8-60E7-41EC-AFCB-C09C96B4BA41.jpeg

Maybe 2020 is getting its 💩 together! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Park reservations are Epcot on Friday and Magic Kingdom on Saturday

I’m in!

That’s a lot of stress. You definitely need/deserve this trip.

Also, our dining room set is a hand me down from my in-laws. I really want to paint it and my MIL has given her blessing but it still makes me nervous. I can’t imagine moving into my in-laws old house. 😱

Stress is an understatement! Almost nothing in the house has been updated/changed since they built it 30 years ago so the change is going to happen right down to a brand new kitchen lol The only issue (if you could even call it that) was when we started ripping out shrubs/weeds. My FIL hadn’t been able to keep up with the property in a few years so they were overtaking the house mixed with I like minimalistic shrubbery....she asked my husband how long he’s been a tree hater 😂

Spash007

So glad you were able to get a trip scheduled! It sounds crazy to go during a pandemic, but no lie, our last trip was one of my favorites. The low crowds and young kids just go really well together!

Also congratulations on the house! That's awesome to be able to get a sentimental home like that!

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Wow - just the house closing alone sounds like it was enough stress for one year, not to mention all the rest! Sorry about your dog ☹.

2020 has def been a fun one 🤨 And thank you...my husband and I have been together for a little over 12 and a half years and Duke was with us for 12 of those years. He was a mama’s boy and I sure do miss him!

You've Earned this trip, that's for sure!

Amen! 🙌🏻
So glad you were able to get a trip scheduled! It sounds crazy to go during a pandemic, but no lie, our last trip was one of my favorites. The low crowds and young kids just go really well together!

Also congratulations on the house! That's awesome to be able to get a sentimental home like that!

Reading your trip report is really what made me want to go! When you pointed out that the later park openings and earlier park closings makes it kind of nice with younger kids, I hadn’t really thought of it that way! And thanks! It’s made the transition easier since we’ve already spent so many years in this home (George especially).

OMG what a year! You totally deserve this trip!

I keep giving my husband a hard time because on NYE, he kept saying “this is going to be our year! I just know it!” 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Well deserved vacation! Can't wait to read more! Hopefully the rest of your year is all upwards from here!

Thanks! It can only go up from here! 🤞🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻

MegRuss626

Original Poster
giphy.gif

You need this more than I do...
giphy.gif
EA171D43-B026-4635-83F7-8024BF56FD12.jpeg

CHEERS!

I'm in! :) Have a Magical trip! We're in the same "reschedule and hope" boat. Third time is definitely the charm. 🎉🎉

No worries at all.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you too! 🤞🏻

Very happy for you about the house, and about your trip!

Making the best out of a challenging year!

Thanks! It was a long process but we knew it would be worth it in the end! And the way I look at this year - I could pout but that won’t change a dang thing about it! (I do have my occasional pout though 😂🤷🏻‍♀️)

MickeyCB

Definitely a crazy year for you guys! But, at least now you'll have something fun to look forward to, and be able to buy some wonderful memento at Disney for your new home!

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Wow! It has been quite a year for you!! I'm so glad that you guys are going to be able to enjoy getting away to your happy place in the midst of everything being so incredibly hectic.
WeeklyJubilantAsianelephant-small.gif

Amen! We officially purchased our new house this week so now it’s time to start packing!

Definitely a crazy year for you guys! But, at least now you'll have something fun to look forward to, and be able to buy some wonderful memento at Disney for your new home!

It is fun having something to look forward to! We’ll enjoy the fall weather and colors then escape the Pittsburgh chilly weather for a few days! We have a Disney tree that I buy an ornament when we go with the year from each of the trips George and I have taken together!

definitly a year we will never forget. i hope your disney vacation turns out well and i will be definitly interested in reading your trip report.

Thanks so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom