On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

JoeCamel

Man talk about shattering my dreams, but I am split. As I checked the tickets taking my entire family of 4 kids and myself to California from Texas would run me round trip 430usd. That’s unheard of on peak times. If they make Disneyland available to locals I would be bummed since I would be missing out on Avengers Campus but on a good note save money. I got up this morning and just wanted to travel, I just need a change of scenery.
Are you flying Spirit? :angelic:

the.dreamfinder

Man talk about shattering my dreams, but I am split. As I checked the tickets taking my entire family of 4 kids and myself to California from Texas would run me round trip 430usd. That’s unheard of on peak times. If they make Disneyland available to locals I would be bummed since I would be missing out on Avengers Campus but on a good note save money. I got up this morning and just wanted to travel, I just need a change of scenery.
I feel you, I had a trip scheduled for this past June. But we’re not out of the woods yet and if cases are at a manageable level in SoCal, CMs could return to work at DL for a local audience.

If we’ve learned anything from this pandemic, it’s that it’s best to take your time and be patient lest be in a far worse position in the future.

Miss Bella

If we removed all the stuff not related to the topic, you could read this in a page or two. The other stuff would be really interesting in separate threads, but it all just pollutes this one.
How much can you really say about layoffs, bad attendance, and Iger? One or two pages probably sums it up.

tirian

People here had a fit when it hit $5. I was surprised there were no rage-quits when it hit $7 a year ago.
After working for them for almost 18 years and knowing the payscales, budget cuts, and reactive maintenance schedules, I’m long past the point of rage. I simply shake my head. o_O

As long as the parks still have some of that classic magic, I’ll keep going. But unless I’m on free dining, I don’t need a Mickey bar. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After working for them for almost 18 years and knowing the payscales, budget cuts, and reactive maintenance schedules, I’m long past the point of rage. I simply shake my head. o_O

As long as the parks still have some of that classic magic, I’ll keep going. But unless I’m on free dining, I don’t need a Mickey bar. ;)

I like the After Hours events where they give out Mickey Bars for free. I go around grabbing as many as I can. I then promptly throw them in the bushes. This is to make sure I'm getting my money's worth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom