D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Thanks - I thought so. We have a friend in Epcot today and was wondering if we could have made her a personal shopper. 😁
That would be nice 👍 They did the first couple of releases as an Epcot only release but of course Covid changed that and I am glad it did, because I really don't think many of us here would have been able to grab some of our favorites if it was park only.

Captain Barbossa

Could have had one for $275 this morning.... waited and was thinking about it. Sold 10 mins later for $290 😔
I would’ve snatched it up in a blink of an eye. I’m trying my very best to stay optimistic that I’ll eventually get one. I just wish that MC poster will either ship or get cancelled. I’m so sick and tired of it being in limbo.

trainplane3

Cheapest IllumiNations poster is $1,700. I’m not surprised, but I still want to puke. :mad:
It's almost as if the people buying those $1500+ posters are part of a special club and have the money to burn since they were cancelled in the original release. Oh right, there aren't many of those people.

The majority of the sellers are sniffing glue if they think they're going consistently fetch $1000+ in a month for the RoE (or MC or H) poster. If someone's selling these things on eBay for $1000+ and they don't go in the first few weeks, they'd best to drop their expectations hard (say, $200-300). The only reason they fetch so much is because they're the latest and "hottest" ones.

Give it some time and it'll level out. They have spiked a bit (mainly Imagination with its 200 run) since they're getting noticed now but they'll drop like most normal markets with limited supply. Scalpers that are hoping for big bucks but didn't move fast enough to sell will be forced to adjust their prices.

Last edited:
On eBay? I haven’t seen one close to that price.
It’s been on my mind all day...
16B8B3EE-CF42-483D-9F32-89F9E14522DA.jpeg

It's almost as if the people buying those $1500+ posters are part of a special club and have the money to burn since they were cancelled in the original release. Oh right, there aren't many of those people.

The majority of the sellers are sniffing glue if they think they're going consistently fetch $1000+ in a month for the RoE (or MC or H) poster. If someone's selling these things on eBay for $1000+ and they don't go in the first few weeks, they'd best to drop their expectations hard (say, $200-300). The only reason they fetch so much is because they're the latest and "hottest" ones.

Give it some time and it'll level out. They have spiked a bit (mainly Imagination with its 200 run) since they're getting noticed now but they'll drop like most normal markets with limited supply. Scalpers that are hoping for big bucks but didn't move fast enough to sell will be forced to adjust their prices.
Couldn’t agree more! Illuminations has driven up all prices! I sure hope no one spends over $1,000 for Illuminations, then other scalpers won’t lower their prices. Everyone just wait it out!

Streaks

So what’s the process for the drop (I’m assuming first Monday morning of Oct)? I’m more familiar with Mondo drops and not Disney. @.@

redstorm63

It's crazy to see the sellers now trying to get $1000+ for posters that were selling for $150 last month simply because of the Illuminations/MC cancellations and having to go to eBay to try and source them. I'm still looking for 3 of the 4 from April as I was unaware as to how they were releasing them and those are expensive primarily because of the low run on those as it was still LE100 at that point and one of them being the Living Seas poster. I can also see some of the July ones (Horizons and Imagination) to be up there in price simply because of the following both of those rides/pavilions have.

trainplane3

It's crazy to see the sellers now trying to get $1000+ for posters that were selling for $150 last month simply because of the Illuminations/MC cancellations and having to go to eBay to try and source them. I'm still looking for 3 of the 4 from April as I was unaware as to how they were releasing them and those are expensive primarily because of the low run on those as it was still LE100 at that point and one of them being the Living Seas poster. I can also see some of the July ones (Horizons and Imagination) to be up there in price simply because of the following both of those rides/pavilions have.
The 100 run was absurdly low. I'm not even sure why they considered that realistic. I did get Living Seas and had the chance for M:S but passed because the ride is...ew and isn't worth the wall space at all for me.

The fun part is if what was passed around to me comes true then everyone's going to feel slightly stupid for chasing these things as hard as they've been. The demand has been very noticed internally (hard to believe, right?). Sure they may not match what was previously released but they'll be even better.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The 100 run was absurdly low. I'm not even sure why they considered that realistic. I did get Living Seas and had the chance for M:S but passed because the ride is...ew and isn't worth the wall space at all for me.

The fun part is if what was passed around to me comes true then everyone's going to feel slightly stupid for chasing these things as hard as they've been. The demand has been very noticed internally (hard to believe, right?). Sure they may not match what was previously released but they'll be even better.
You're killing me!! 😟

For what its worth, while I don't have the inside scoop like you do, I am in love with my posters. Thanks to Covid I work from my home office and I can stare at them all day and really appreciate them.

I am guessing a less limited run is in order? On typical poster stock?

Last edited:

trainplane3

You're killing me!! 😟

For what its worth, while I don't have the inside scoop like you do, I am in love with my posters. Thanks to Covid I work from my home office and I can stare at them all day and really appreciate them.

I am guess a less limited run is order? On typical poster stock?
Not sure about less limited but mostly likely more $ due to changes. These will most likely never see regular poster stock like the Art of Disney "choose a print on a touchscreen and hand over $40". If they do, I'll be very surprised.

Oh I love mine too and I'll continue to try to get what I can. I'm only going for 3 more at this point. If stuff gets cancelled again (which it shouldn't) then I won't lose sleep or stress over it. If I see one I missed out on for a reasonable price then I'll go for it. I'm not going to do any of this $500 "or better offer" crap. I'd only spend that much if I knew the money was going directly to the artists and Disney, not some random person on ebay that bought 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom