Pre-Trip Pandemonium in a Pandemic! A DisneyGigi Pre-Trip Report.

Pandemonium in a Pandemic! A DisneyGigi Pre-trip Report 11-1~11-7

Even if this can’t happen this trip and I wish it was 2019 again- I am going home!
BB903946-4CE1-4397-878E-EBD90BAE014F.jpeg

2020... what a year thus far. I don’t like you very much by the way. I can’t wait to slam the door as you go out the door. Here is hoping for a much better 2021!

I am going to skip most things to not be ridiculously long winded and give the highlights. Aka, the cheat sheet. ;)

May trip cancelled due to concerns about Covid, then called Corona.
9E941529-BE8F-437C-A82A-B01BD44DB81A.jpeg

Quarantine and really bad hair. Being bored and dressing up as Tiger King.
2DC7AB31-41F8-42AA-A847-3E7ADB3C522F.jpeg

(Thank God for Netflix and no we had not had any drinks, it was 9:00 am after binge watching Tiger King.)

April, getting hair done, at home- because the threat of Corona wasn’t near as bad as bad roots. Disney still closed.

I will never drink another Corona again as long as I live. To be fair, I don’t care for beer anyway.

May, Pool time! I am happy to have the sun and pool. Staying home still so getting to me.
F40B21AC-1863-4289-B274-4597527BC1A5.jpeg

Also made a to go lunch for my Momma for Mother’s Day and a big bouquet of flowers that I dropped off. Had not seen her since March!

June- Pool is great, garden is great. I am so bored and over it.

July- Figuring out how to host a socially distanced baby shower. Buy an expensive wedding tent to host, complete with portable air conditioning (first haircut & color in a salon)
Worked out beautifully, Gave me something to do and nobody got sick.
23C62694-9EA2-4B20-B69B-8823F253E86B.jpeg

C1A166A6-ED04-400D-B662-12B187AF77CF.jpeg

August- Stressing over not going for our Anniversary, then a little girl showed up. A bit early, and had some struggles. Made everything else seem so unimportant.
Seeing a baby with that many tubes, takes away anything else.

Being home in August/September let me can, something I haven’t done in a few years, and I have put up over 150 jars. I am very appreciative for getting that love back for putting up my own food.

September- Tinker is doing amazing. So thankful and blessed- and thankful to all my Magicians for thoughts, love, prayers and pixie dust sent our way. *credit to @Darstarr for the name. ;) *

Bright open eyes and healthy as can be! 😘
9A22F0CD-DB7E-4C96-B7F8-5A83D8BE83D8.jpeg

I am still canning like a crazy lady, and keeping Stinker, so this may take awhile to get everything posted-

The cast-

Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin-

Oh wait, DisneyGigi, and DisneyB,

6931FCB0-DCB5-437D-BEAC-E8F0B43310CA.jpeg

The where- November 1-7 Coronado Springs, of course.

Driving, which means a short stay at the beach so I don’t have to be in a car for 8 1/2 hours and drive B nuts.

I have to be here for Halloween, as messed up as things are in 2020. The kids will get gallons of candy at my house. Oh wait, they get that every year.

As soon as I have time will update with parks. Just blessed to be going. I have been smothering in this whole new world.

No dining reservations at this point, again just glad to be going. So many of our faves are still closed anyway. It is a wing it kind of trip. No fast passes, a park a day? For Notorious Park Hoppers.

Pure Pandemonium in a Pandemic for a Planner.

Say that 3 times fast.

Stay tuned, and as always thanks for following. Planning and posting here is half the fun for me.

A5CA3AA7-9A4B-40D7-ABAC-3AC30ECD3F48.gif

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Sooooo very happy to hear Tinker is doin’ so great, and sooo very glad to hear of y’all’s upcoming trip...!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: Life’s sometimes a crazy-a** ride, but, I’ll take it every single day over the dirt nap alternative...!!!!! :hilarious:;)
Missed this is in my quotes. I have never been very good at getting all the multi-quotes in- but thank you and I agree, much better to be on top of the ground, no matter how iffy, than buried under it. ;)

riverside

I am still canning like a crazy lady,
My mom used to can. I have to say I used to cringe on those days. It always seemed like she did it on the hottest days of the summer & the absolute worst was peeling the skin off of the tomatoes!! They were so hot & my fingers were always burning!!
Bright open eyes and healthy as can be! 😘
She is absolutely beautiful!!
Another funny thing in the Co-vid world is that for the first time in my life I had trouble finding canning supplies. I guess a Pandemic brings back the dying art of canning food.
Yes it did. Hence, the shortage of supplies. We still can't get them in after all these months. And that is buying from 2 different suppliers.
I have 2 days each MK and DHS 1 each Epcot and AK.
Dates please?? I would be thrilled if something matched up with us!!

donaldtoo

Missed this is in my quotes. I have never been very good at getting all the multi-quotes in- but thank you and I agree, much better to be on top of the ground, no matter how iffy, than buried under it. ;)

No problem...!!! :)
I don’t frequent these parts much, but, as the father of a preemie, I just wanted to show my support. I can definitely empathize with what your entire family was goin’ through...I’m just so very glad to hear she’s doin’ so well...!!!!! :happy:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Small update, I made Frontera Cocina reservation. He isn’t a chef that I follow, but I adore Camorones de Mojo Ajo (any authentic Mexican really, but it is my go to dish) I feel like I butchered the name, but at our local Mexican Dive- they know what I order, after all these years.

FEBD9FEA-81FC-4395-B11A-421AA3BEA3F9.gif

It seems fall has arrived- 😑😭
03BA1406-5AB6-4137-BF62-7FC721BB0383.jpeg

and I ordered masks that Rachel Green would approve of.

5FFA2983-D9A1-41D3-BA3E-3D00CAE5C4D7.jpeg

F3C7F267-6D0E-45B3-A7D1-9FDF5482E360.gif

42 days! 😍

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
My mom used to can. I have to say I used to cringe on those days. It always seemed like she did it on the hottest days of the summer & the absolute worst was peeling the skin off of the tomatoes!! They were so hot & my fingers were always burning!!

She is absolutely beautiful!!

Yes it did. Hence, the shortage of supplies. We still can't get them in after all these months. And that is buying from 2 different suppliers.

Dates please?? I would be thrilled if something matched up with us!!
All these years later, and feeling the burn of tomato popping, and peeling, I discovered if you slice them and broil them, in the oven - skin comes right off. No burn and no added water to the tomatoes. 31 years later, I discovered this fact. 😑🙄I almost bought lids back in March and got busy and didn’t. I paid way, way too much for them.
I will send you a PM in just a bit when Stinker’s daddy gets him and I can pull up my park days. I would love to finally say hello in person. :)

bee

So happy you and B are going back!

M and I definitely bought a *few* canning jars early during the pandemic, mostly to make homemade limoncello (ask @Darstarr!). But we have also enjoyed having them for making homemade veggie stock, pasta sauces, etc., and storing various leftovers.

Small update, I made Frontera Cocina reservation. He isn’t a chef that I follow, but I adore Camorones de Mojo Ajo (any authentic Mexican really, but it is my go to dish) I feel like I butchered the name, but at our local Mexican Dive- they know what I order, after all these years.

FEBD9FEA-81FC-4395-B11A-421AA3BEA3F9.gif
I don't know much about Rick Bayless, but we enjoyed Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs in 2016 and also one of his Chicago restaurants, Frontera Grill.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Following along. So glad you are making the trip. We won't be back for a while, until character greetings are back. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your plans.
I am a character girl so that will be the worst & weirdest for me. Just glad they do have them out and about though.
Thanks for following! :)
So happy you and B are going back!

M and I definitely bought a *few* canning jars early during the pandemic, mostly to make homemade limoncello (ask @Darstarr!). But we have also enjoyed having them for making homemade veggie stock, pasta sauces, etc., and storing various leftovers.

I don't know much about Rick Bayless, but we enjoyed Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs in 2016 and also one of his Chicago restaurants, Frontera Grill.

Thanks for joining in @bee !

I was in a total panic trying to find lids. I had jars just barely any lids. I put up a lot of food so I was lucky to end up finding 200 total lids online on top of the 30 or so I had.

I have one more round of beans to can then just hot sauce. I have a ton of habaneros and about 30 Carolina Reapers to do this weekend. I am a little afraid of the Reapers. I ate one tiny bite and a seed and I swear had to hold my mouth under running water for 5 straight minutes. 🌶🥵

I don’t think that I have ever had a limoncello. I will have to try one.

Speaking of @Darstarr - I have started eating avocados, sliced -so I have to change my team. 😂🥑 I still don’t care for Guacamole though. It is just the smashed texture lol. Which is pretty weird since I adore Mexican food. I am looking very forward to eating at Frontera!

lindawdw

So happy to find your Pre-Trip Report!!! You have been one busy lady with the canning this Pandemic. :oops: I've always wanted to give it a try and after seeing your pictures, I think I just might! So glad you're getting the chance to head back to your happy place!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
tenor.gif

A little late, but I'm always up for a Gigi and B trip! I'm so glad that little Tinker is doing better now.
Wouldn’t be a trip report without you @PacNWTigger ! Thanks for joining and the well wishes for Tinker, she is doing so well. ❤
So happy to find your Pre-Trip Report!!! You have been one busy lady with the canning this Pandemic. :oops: I've always wanted to give it a try and after seeing your pictures, I think I just might! So glad you're getting the chance to head back to your happy place!
Thank you, I am so ready to go back! I really do love canning. To me it is so rewarding to see all that you grew from spring, on the shelves in winter. You should try it. Get a Ball Blue Book, if you decide to, it has all the basic guidelines and some recipes. My MIL gave me one years ago. I think, maybe even before B & I married. It is still my go to, even as ragged as it is.

😂😂 I will still gag on real Guacamole but I do like slices in a Poke Bowl. Maybe it is the sriracha and sesame oil that makes it tolerable. It is progress though I guess. Still will never be on board with mayo in any shape or form tho. 🤮🤮

It isn’t a report without food debates! 😂

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Okay, so I just read that Dawa Bar reopened! 😑😬
I may be way over excited at this but—-

I got my first alcoholic beverage at Disney World at Dawa Bar. It may not have been called a Harambe Cooler then-but I think it was! Every trip since then I get a Harambe Cooler. They took it off the menu several years ago but if Bob or Steve are there, which is most of the time, I get my Harambe Cooler. (Heather makes them too) Actually I should be honest I get a few, or so. 😂 It would have been so weird not to go there. I will miss hanging out at the bar and chatting with Bob and Steve though.

(last year one of several stops)
C3C71EEF-8697-41F6-A110-95B499EC265D.jpeg

86F79B4B-79B0-4207-A81C-3F8D404E5E76.jpeg

It also dawned on me that I am 31 days out!?!? I have been so busy I haven’t even realized we are a month out. Now I am gonna panic. :-/ Straight up panic.

2BD842DC-A81B-4A8B-B1DA-DFC488352872.gif

2020 is a weird year to say the least. I would already be packed any other year.

lindawdw

I've only gotten drinks at the Dawa Bar a couple of times but it does seem quite popular with the guests! We'll be at WDW 10/26-11/ so I'll be sure to look out for you in the parks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom