News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

PolynesianPrincess

The issue with a day before lottery is that if you know that you didn't get a BG, there is a decent chance of people cancelling their park reservation. I could see people (especially Disney resort guests that usually have reservations available at the other parks) reserving DHS for every day (taking capacity) and then cancelling and switching to another park as soon as they know they can't ride RotR the next day.

I don't think they should go all standby but I think they should keep some percentage (10% maybe) of capacity for standby. Then there should be a minimum standby wait (2.5 hours?). Basically, allow the line to form but don't take anybody from standby until 12:30 PM. Essentially, there should be a way that somebody who can't get a boarding group but is willing to wait will get to ride, even if they have to wait half of the day or longer. Anybody that gets a boarding group should be barred from the standby line.

I feel like if they did a lottery and you don't show up, you should be banned from entering again. If you're there on a trip, you can't enter it again for the remainder of your stay and if you're an AP you can't enter again for so many days, like 30-60 days. I feel like a lottery would be good in the sense that maybe it would ease some of the park opening crowds since you won't have to be there at 10am to try for a BG. But again, you do mention everyone booking DHS for the chance to ride and then cancelling if they don't get one. That would definitely be rough on guests who want to go but can't get a ressie for the day because of people taking all the spots in hopes for a BG.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Can someone point me to the post(s) with the best process for securing a boarding group? I was great with it precovid, but this morning is the first time back in HS since. Any new pieces of advice (cold open versus refresh, etc?)

Just hit the page at 10am sharp (or start refreshing a few seconds before).

This is what I do -

Not really - just refreshing. I sit on the "My Queues" page and then when the clock is at 9:59:55, I'll count down 5 seconds and click "Join Virtual Queue", which brings up the next page with a blue Join button if you timed it correctly.

You can also just sit on the "Join Virtual Queue" page and swipe down to refresh.

This is what @KevinPage does.

I always sit on the main page (w/ the AT AT’s) and click JOIN right at 10am.

Mike730

Can someone point me to the post(s) with the best process for securing a boarding group? I was great with it precovid, but this morning is the first time back in HS since. Any new pieces of advice (cold open versus refresh, etc?)
Listen to @DCBaker. Also, as previously mentioned, anyone on your friends list that has tapped into the park should be auto selected on the next page. Just check real quick and get to the last page ASAP.

UNCgolf

On a side note, I love your screen name. I did not get into that story until after I missed the theatrical release (when I played the Sierra video game). We visited WDW a year or two later and asked a poor CM in a Kodak photography store if they had it on VHS, or when it might be coming out. I still remember him calling a bunch of numbers to find out this information. I was like 9, I knew no better. I still feel for him, trying (vainly! - it wouldn't receive a release until 1998). Still enjoyed eating at Gurgi's.

You should check out the book series (if you haven't). It's one of the best children's/young adult fantasy series ever written. Disney is apparently working on developing the books into a series of movies, which will hopefully follow them a bit more closely than the Black Cauldron movie did.

CalebS

4AB46EC1-4B61-4708-B445-2CC9A184C336.png

got it first ever try. Very excited, thanks for the tips.

gorillaball

2pm slots filled in ~7 seconds. Current groups called up to 39 (6 group more than yesterday at this time).
While testing from home... how can I tell if successful? I first thought it was just getting the “everyone in the park” notice? But I have also several times gotten the big red Capacity not avail warning... but when I get that I can almost always click through it to then get the “everyone on the park?” message. Guidance appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom