Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

RSoxNo1

Test Track 2.0 is better than 1.0, but that's just my opinion and a lot of people disagree
I think the pre-show especially in 2.0 is more befitting of EPCOT Center. I think they did a poor job of integrating the vehicle building into the attraction itself. I think they needed to utilize the screens along the track to "race" or test alongside your guest created vehicles.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think the pre-show especially in 2.0 is more befitting of EPCOT Center. I think they did a poor job of integrating the vehicle building into the attraction itself. I think they needed to utilize the screens along the track to "race" or test alongside your guest created vehicles.

I won't disagree there...there is defintely more they could have done to the ride itself, but it still feels properly futuristic compared to 1.0

RSoxNo1

I won't disagree there...there is defintely more they could have done to the ride itself, but it still feels properly futuristic compared to 1.0
I don't think 1.0 was out of place in Epcot, but it was very much in the present and didn't really have the inspirational/aspirational vibe of some of the preceding attractions on that side of the park. Also, while I preferred Test Track 1.0 over Mission SPACE 1.0, I think Mission SPACE was a better fit thematically. Test Track 1.0 was a fun ride but 2.0 makes more sense for the park.

JoeCamel

I don't think 1.0 was out of place in Epcot, but it was very much in the present and didn't really have the inspirational/aspirational vibe of some of the preceding attractions on that side of the park. Also, while I preferred Test Track 1.0 over Mission SPACE 1.0, I think Mission SPACE was a better fit thematically. Test Track 1.0 was a fun ride but 2.0 makes more sense for the park.
Early Epcot was all about showing/teaching how it works ala world's fair exhibits. Far and beyond what fairs could provide and TT 1.0 played into that with it's story of a GM design and testing facility.
I find it much less than that and more of a time filler today. I do like me some mechanical stress tests though, my bent in life and why I like theme park construction so much.

MarvelCharacterNerd

OMG Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was TOTALLY better than Star Trek: The Motion Picture - you are so right!!!

Wait, what do you mean it wasn't a Trek reference?

Never mind...

;)
Aaahhhh! I got a like from @marni1971

I be all:
1600113291432.png

and:
1600113395750.png

😊

mm52200

So if Mermaid is going to reopen soon where are the trained and approved performers going to come from?
I don’t think it’s going to be opening anytime soon, you can’t socially distant stage the show really. But still the performers would be brought back from furlough...just like every other offering.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
They need to offer an ability to design your car in the MDE app/website, and then save it to your magic band. I'm sorry, but a couple of minutes just isn't enough time and I don't want to waste my day at the post-show kiosk during my actual stay in the parks.

I wish the cars could have a more modern design and less "Blade Runner" too, but I digress.

Snow Queen 83

It's too bad they don't just move it to Magic, along with the trackless Beauty and the Beast attraction in Tokyo. Okay the last ones really wishful thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom