Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppenheimer

Most you see are not from FL originally. Twas a joke. Although they trust people to pump their own gas there.
Florida ranks second to last in automotive safety. New Jersey actually has the 5th safest drivers. So either Jersey only exported its bad drivers or the ex-Jerseyites reverted to Florida driving standards when they arrived.

Don't knock blue laws until you've lived them. Its actually quite nice having a day completely off, with no errands and only leisure time. I only experienced Jersey-style blue laws on vacation in Ocean City (long since revoked), but after I learned to adjust my habits in Germany and Belgium, I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

And in NJ, you aren't allowed to pump your own gas ( state law ) and some towns have blue laws- most stores are not allowed to open on Sundays.
Most of NJ blue laws have gone by the wayside. I remember growing up and hitting the beer distributor for our alcohol before entering jersey because you couldn’t buy it there. Most stores are now open and you can even buy and carry beer on some boardwalks. Still a few in existence but only certain towns.
I love the not pumping your own gas, hope that never goes away!

FutureCEO

The problem is it's been 75 years since WWII ended and in the time since we've had relative peace in the Western world coupled with a huge increase/advancement in modern luxuries and conveniences. Multiple generations have grown up not knowing a life without that and now it's harder to make sacrifices like temporarily giving those up.

Increased disinformation and a shift away from a more collectivist culture haven't helped either during this particular situation.

If we had peace, we wouldn't need the military.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1600005811001.png

1600005841150.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Honest question how much does it effect your electric bill?
Depends on where you live, which electric car and how much you drive it. The cost of electricity varies greatly state by state (see list below). The national average is around $0.13 a KWH but it ranges from $0.09 in Louisiana up to over $0.32 in Hawaii. Once you know the cost where you live then you need to look at the the size of the car battery. For example the new Tesla model 3 has a standard 50KW electric motor and fully charged gets you 220 miles of range. So at the $0.13 average it costs you $6.50 to fully charge your battery. That’s roughly $0.03 per mile. So for every 100 miles you drive in a month it adds $3 to your electric bill. To equate that to a gas car that gets 25 miles to the gallon you would have to pay $0.75 a gallon for gas to go the equivalent miles in order to break even on fuel cost alone.

This also doesn’t take into account various free changing stations that exist some places. My office has a dozen electric vehicle charging stations that are free for employees to use so for the owners of electric cars it’s virtually free as long as you charge at work.

Reactions: CJR

dreday3

Metro-area of midwest - our cases increased in August/September with a couple very high level days, but if you watch, the hospitalizations never did. They have held steady the entire time.

olie64

Metro-area of midwest - our cases increased in August/September with a couple very high level days, but if you watch, the hospitalizations never did. They have held steady the entire time.

Yeah i am aware of hospitializtion which i think is a positive...we will never get rid of it so if we can keep hospitializtion down thats a good think...also i know hospitals around here no longer have covid floors.

bcoachable

I feel like for some reason ....”money” hs have been do just about everything that the cdc are saying not to do... we joke as educators covid stops at 3:20...joke as in why the heck are sports on when we are doing so much to keep the schools “safe”
Not my experience with after 3:00pm.
If we can’t stay 6 feet apart, we have masks... EVERYTHING being sprayed down after use. Three weeks in- no major setbacks here...

GimpYancIent

All the international and tourist drivers keep it from being ranked safer.
I would rather drive in Florida than New Jersey or New York. I find New Jersey more of a headache due to the constantly fluctuating tolls and the idiotic law that you can not pump your own gas. Driving in New Jersey is not supposed to be an automobile race (though some NY / NJ drivers think it is) and I do not need a pit crew pumping gas for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom