Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
I am still going with the show is not coming back. Sure, refresh the sign if you were doing others in the area, they likely had a bunch printer way back when and pulled one out of storage, I have not heard of any work being done in that theater. No social distancing markers, no blocking off seating, no fixing non-working effects.

This show has been on the chopping block for a long time. Archival photos and scans were taken of all the props months ago. This is also the only show that you get the exact same story in another format (the ride at MK) on property. It is redundant.

Now, I could see if some preliminary work were done on the billboard to turn into a digital sign in the future. Would be needed if it goes blackbox and needs to be changed frequently. Just stick something you already have around on it to cover up the work.

I will ask around later this afternoon though to see if I can find anything out, but I feel like the signage refresh was just covering up something else.

Cmdr_Crimson

tenor.gif

Piebald

I used to work there and have seen this show more times than is healthy. I'd be sad to see it go, but it's also well past its expiration date.

So this may be premature but so long and thanks for all the fish. And thanks for bringing a childhood fantasy to life allowing me to date Ariel, a Disney princess, even though she turned out to be insane.

MadTeacup

I have not heard of any work being done in that theater. No social distancing markers, no blocking off seating, no fixing non-working effects.
I'd love to know what these non-working effects are. When the parks closed in March, everything was operating and a lot of things were new. And... again... there won't be physical distancing markers because they can't open the show until physical distancing is no longer required. The puppeteers can't perform until physical distancing is no longer required.
I'm not saying the show WILL reopen. I just know that it is still much too early to say that it won't - especially not until a budget for its replacement is green-lit.

techgeek

I have to sometimes stop and think of when was the last time they actually replaced something good with something better.

Well, this very theater was originally home to "Here Comes the Muppets", which was actually not a bad show... But that was in 1991. Back when 'temporary' shows were actually temporary.

The Empress Lilly

This is 'Today's Disney' we are talking about here, though.

I have to sometimes stop and think of when was the last time they actually replaced something good with something better.

-
CMM to Pandora
ST1 to ST2
TT1 to TT2 (the ride lost a little edge, but EPCOT gained a lot)

Anything else?
GE I love, although I loved the Backlot and Streets of America too. I'll call that one a draw, but might very well come to consider it a gain.
Otherwise, except for Springs, I struggle to come up with anything in WDW that is better now than at the beginning of the decade.

Wish that 'closed for your future enjoyment' would instill excited anticipation again instead of fear.

Figments Friend

Test Track 2.0 is better than 1.0, but that's just my opinion and a lot of people disagree

Excellent example...thank you for reminding me.

Agree.
'Tron Track' ( as I can it...) is a much more appealing experience to me then the previous incarnation.
I was not a fan of the original 'Test Track' at all....found it meh.

But then again, 'Test Track' is what replaced the fabulous 'World of Motion' Attraction.
Loved that one....and it was certainly a favorite back in the day.
WoM bests any version of TT in my mind, but others will likely prefer the 'thrill ride' that came after.

-

Figments Friend

CMM to Pandora
ST1 to ST2
TT1 to TT2 (the ride lost a little edge, but EPCOT gained a lot)

Anything else?
GE I love, although I loved the Backlot and Streets of America too. I'll call that one a draw, but might very well come to consider it a gain.
Otherwise, except for Springs, I struggle to come up with anything in WDW that is better now than at the beginning of the decade.

Wish that 'closed for your future enjoyment' would instill excited anticipation again instead of fear.

Ah yes....Camp Minnie Mickey was a waste of space for sure.
Another good example.
Pandora is excellent and a far better use of the space.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom