Daily Beast - "Workers Reveal Disney Is Covering Up Its COVID Cases"

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

This seems worthy of a distinct thread as this is a rather serious accusation.

Serious, indeed,

Regarding the responses of "Things are going great! Nothing to see here!": I have to wonder if the right hand is even talking to the left, or is it legitimately all coverup. While I absolutely believe there is some covering up going on and that it is a high probability people are being cleared to return to work before they have any business doing so, where are those orders coming from? Is this a mandate from TWDC or some middle- or upper-management panicking about losing their jobs?

I will be interested to see if reports start coming out of WDW about this situation. If so, that speaks to the rot being deeper than this story alone indicates.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
4ac.gif

Slpy3270

FWIW, this is focused most entirely on Downtown Disney at Disneyland and only seems to mention Florida for comparison.

It's a serious accusation, but just that. No proof, just lots of suspicion. They seem to be driving the story rather than reporting one.

If much of the active workforce takes sick leave, reveal they have Covid antibodies or if investors sue the company for breach of fiduciary duty then it will blow into a major scandal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Daily Beast is not TMZ by any stretch. They've been reporting scoops on political matters for many years, often before more reputable outlets pick them up.
Actually...tmz gets most of their stuff Right too...it’s just about nonsense people and topics

The beast gets less respect but has more integrity than a lot of what is labeled the “mainstream”
Media

CJR

The Daily Beast is not TMZ by any stretch. They've been reporting scoops on political matters for many years, often before more reputable outlets pick them up.

I'm not going to get into the reputation of The Daily Beast, I'm talking about this "news" article.

They're reporting about the news story that they want to report about with a bunch of weak sauce.

The reporter has a mission and seem upset that they couldn't accomplish it yet, it's more of a rant than news. Not about WDW either.

EDIT: A good title for this headline is "Disney Workers Suspicious That Company May Be Under-Reporting Cases". The word "reveal" at this time is making this click-bate since nothing has been revealed at this time.

Last edited:

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Over the course of my lifetime, I've seen the line between news and social media gossip become hopelessly blurred. It's more important than ever to read critically. I've seen so many headlines that are misleading or outright false, and the cited sources are often dubious.
And then there are the "news reports" that all circle back to the same original (sometimes dubious) source instead of doing actual investigating into a story. News reporting has become more about money and less about investigating and reporting the unbiased truth. It is beyond frustrating.

Disney Analyst

I said this in the politics thread but maybe someone here can guide me:

I’m not sure I trust that article, yet.

I am curious if anyone in Florida has an answer for me. In my province, if they find an outbreak and tie it to a business, the public is notified. Would Disney even have any way of knowing if a Cast Member was tested and had it, until after the CM calls in sick and tells them?

Wouldn’t the health officials already have that information by that point and be tracking/tracing? Could Disney even cover that up?

GimpYancIent

And then there are the "news reports" that all circle back to the same original (sometimes dubious) source instead of doing actual investigating into a story. News reporting has become more about money and less about investigating and reporting the unbiased truth. It is beyond frustrating.
It makes sense. Sources are not named because story tellers do not want them corroborated. More misinformation to stir the pot, its not about truth anymore.

denyuntilcaught

My thinking is that in the small chance The Daily Beast is correct in saying that Disney is covering up cases, I'm not seeing that as a huge scandal frankly. I always feel as if there should be some element of shock or awe to a scandal. This would just make sense to me. Disney's park business is already on thin ice. They don't need a reported outbreak to tip the scale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom