Finally taking our Honeymoon 11/27!!!

Schweino

So..we've been back and forth on this SO MANY times about coming back to Disney this year. My fiance (now wife), my family (parents and sister/bro in law) went in August 2019 where I proposed to her August 30th, first night of MNSSHP. She had never been to Disney before and for both of us it was such a great trip. Outside her saying yes - just seeing her reaction to everything the parks had to offer made the August heat worth it! (Then came Dorian and knocked out the rest of our trip).

So we got married in May of this year (10 person wedding) and we cancelled our original Disney trip due to Covid. We were set on coming back to Disney in December as it was so very special for us - to go back to the place I proposed, see Disney decorated for Christmas, and to escape the Nebraska cold! Because we have no idea what happens next year (potential kid on the way?!) we decided that we are just gonna go this year, albeit maybe not get all the experiences as we would if it wasn't a Covid Holiday (Bye Micky's Christmas - I'm betting you're cancelled). We debated for months on this and felt this was the right choice. So there's my backstory..

Few questions:

1. Since you can only visit one park a day now with advance registration, can you still leave and come back later? We loved taking a few hours break in the middle of the day.

2. Without the dining plan being offered, I'm anticipating at least spending roughly the same amount as I would if I bought the DDP for both of us. Is there any 'romantic' restaurants that would maybe fit a couple on their Honeymoon you would recommend that is currently opened?

3. We are staying at Pop - I swore I read somewhere that the cafe was closed, or maybe it was just the drink machines. Any clue if you can still get food at Pop?

4. Is there any cool/unique breakfast's we should try? My sister and brother in law suggested some Moana themed one at Polynesian, but since they are remodeling that place, not sure if that is still happening? We didn't get to do any 'breakfast' together last year because we were dead set at experiencing the parks the entire day since my wife has never been :)

I'm sure I will think of more questions as we get closer :) Sorry for the long post and TIA for any guidance on the questions!

JIMINYCR

Yes you can leave and come back.
By December more restaurants hopefully will be open and you will have more options.
My first choice would be the Cali Grill at the Contemp. It is more expensive but well worth the cost. A very nice place for a celebration dinner and has a viewing deck to watch the MK fireworks. At EP we enjoy La Hacienda de San Angel. They have a side area for seating thats more isolated or a window view of the water, ask for either at check in. Chefs de France would be my other choice.
Dont know about Pop
The Wave also at the Contemp is a nice breakfast spot. Usually isnt that crowded. Weve always had very good service and varied breakfast choices. The Kona cafe or Ohana at the Poly are what hes referring to. I'm not sure if they will be closed either.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Yes you can leave and come back.
By December more restaurants hopefully will be open and you will have more options.
My first choice would be the Cali Grill at the Contemp. It is more expensive but well worth the cost. A very nice place for a celebration dinner and has a viewing deck to watch the MK fireworks. At EP we enjoy La Hacienda de San Angel. They have a side area for seating thats more isolated or a window view of the water, ask for either at check in. Chefs de France would be my other choice.
Dont know about Pop
The Wave also at the Contemp is a nice breakfast spot. Usually isnt that crowded. Weve always had very good service and varied breakfast choices. The Kona cafe or Ohana at the Poly are what hes referring to. I'm not sure if they will be closed either.
Thank you! What is transportation like to get to the other resorts when you're staying at a different resort? Head over to Disney Springs and then wait for that bus to go to your desired resort?

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Take a Bus to MK and then walk to the Contemp ( A sidewalk that takes about 10 min walk) or from MK take a monorail to Contemp.
Bus to a park then bus to resort or DS bus to resorts also an option... but a call for an Uber ride will usually be faster. Not very expensive, bus wait times can be at times pretty slow.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

For the romantic restaurant: Be Our Guest is certainly worth the hefty price tag for a romantic dinner. With it's set price and menu options, it's really a special treat. California Grill is also a pretty romantic place for a meal.

Depends on what you like for breakfast. Our breakfast options are usually buffets, which are out these days...There are some great brunch spots in Disney Springs and the Grand Floridian has a breakfast/brunch I think daily.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom