The BIG taboo.... Breastfeeding (and ISO other infant tips)

NelleBelle

As long as I had my special nursing cover, I fed our son wherever he needed. As I recall, we did that on PotC at one point! Ellen's UoE was the best...although American Adventure had comfier seats! 😉 If we happened to be near the Baby Center, we'd stop there but no way would I traverse all over the park, making our baby scream and get too upset to nurse just to go to the Baby Center!

newhorizons1

As long as I had my special nursing cover, I fed our son wherever he needed. As I recall, we did that on PotC at one point! Ellen's UoE was the best...although American Adventure had comfier seats! 😉 If we happened to be near the Baby Center, we'd stop there but no way would I traverse all over the park, making our baby scream and get too upset to nurse just to go to the Baby Center!

Same here. My son's first Disney ride was Livin' with the Land. He started fussing right as we got on. I pulled out my cover and nursed him through the ride. I much prefer a quiet spot, but you do what you have to do.

NickMaio

Hello all. I am due with baby # 3 in April. We are in the early stages of planning our next WDW trip for either late fall or early winter. That will bring baby #3 to about 6-7 months old. I will hopefully, if all goes well, still be exclusively breastfeeding at that point. I have never been to WDW with an infant (the youngest I've dealt with was 18 months, with sippy cup and mostly potty trained)

Other than the obvious baby care stations, are there any decent relatively quiet places other moms have experienced that work well for feeding little ones? Preferably ones near bigger attractions, so I can feed while the hubby takes the two bigger ones to be entertained.

I know this can easily turn into a taboo and divisive conversation, but I am not looking for a debate or law facts, just suggestions from seasoned parents. Thanks in advance

Also, feel free to add your best traveling with infant tips. We will be flying. I'll be using an Ergo & will bring a sling and reclining umbrella stroller. Thanks moms and dads!
These are all great places to relax and feed and take a break.......

All great suggestions.

NickMaio

Hello all. I am due with baby # 3 in April. We are in the early stages of planning our next WDW trip for either late fall or early winter. That will bring baby #3 to about 6-7 months old. I will hopefully, if all goes well, still be exclusively breastfeeding at that point. I have never been to WDW with an infant (the youngest I've dealt with was 18 months, with sippy cup and mostly potty trained)

Other than the obvious baby care stations, are there any decent relatively quiet places other moms have experienced that work well for feeding little ones? Preferably ones near bigger attractions, so I can feed while the hubby takes the two bigger ones to be entertained.

I know this can easily turn into a taboo and divisive conversation, but I am not looking for a debate or law facts, just suggestions from seasoned parents. Thanks in advance

Also, feel free to add your best traveling with infant tips. We will be flying. I'll be using an Ergo & will bring a sling and reclining umbrella stroller. Thanks moms and dads!
Everyone deserves the right to eat, especially your little one.
My wife is an RN with a specialty in lactation. When you see people around you eating your little one also has the right to eat.
Enjoy your trip and try not to make people living in the 18th century make you feel less than them.
Take care.

Jimmy Thick

This should be a non issue this day and age. If anyone is offended at the thought of seeing a mother feed her child then that's on them, and if I see anyone mouthing off to someone breast feeding I would say something personally. Plus there are so many ways for mom's to hide this with coverings now to the point someone would have to get right by them and lift fabric to see whats going on and that would be creepy to say the least.

I think we can safely move on with this subject, its a non factor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom