Disney+ in Resort Hotels... what if it was free?

KG_WDW

Original Poster
So I heard you can access your Disney+ account on the TVs in the resort hotel rooms. But what if Disney offered complimentary access to Disney+ in your hotel room for the length of your stay. You know, for people who may not have their own account. Like, each guest would be given a unique temporary username and password that would expire on the day you check out.

Club Cooloholic

So I heard you can access your Disney+ account on the TVs in the resort hotel rooms. But what if Disney offered complimentary access to Disney+ in your hotel room for the length of your stay. You know, for people who may not have their own account. Like, each guest would be given a unique temporary username and password that would expire on the day you check out.
It's good advertising for the service. We first tried netflix at an Airbnb, got it the next week.

Figments Friend

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Give potential subscribers a 'free sample' while staying on Property.
Would also entice Guests to sign up if they liked what they were seeing once returning home.
Seems a win / win to me for both parties.

I say bring it on....
It costs Disney practically nothing to just add it into their exsisting Resort tv offerings.

-

KG_WDW

Original Poster
That is also a really good idea. I hope one of the Disney execs reads these posts 😆I think this could really work out.

JIMINYCR

What better way to snag new subscribers. Youve got them in the Disney bubble with Disney hitting them from all sides and let the idea of having more Disney at home sink in. I've already got Disney+ but if I hadnt it would be a great way to have tried it out. But you know Disney.... Give away something free??? They already get free maps and buttons!!!

Figments Friend

All Guests staying at a Disney Resort are potential and likely future 'shoppers' and consumers.
Enticing them with the steaming service just makes sense...

I'm actually surprised it isn't rolled out to the Resorts already.

-

JIMINYCR

But if you are sitting in your room watching Disney+, you are not in the shops and restaurants spending $$. Which is the reason Mickey wanted you to come in the first place.
I'd bet most people would be watching in the evening AFTER theyve been to the parks for the day. Or for a brief time when theyve returned for a mid day break from the parks.

To offset the initial cost of making D+ available in all Disney Resorts, they can simply raise room rates an extra $7 per reservation!!
Then listen to the screams of ... Charge $7 for TV....GREEDY DISNEY !!!!

Jon81uk

Its possible that some guests may watch all of the Mandolorian, or Hamilton or another top-tier thing on Disney+ and then there is no point in subscribing once home. I don't think it would work as a "free trial" its more likely to be sold as an included benefit of staying on site.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That would move the needle on subscriptions 0.000001%!

I honestly think anyone not familiar with Disney+ prior to traveling to wdw is unlikely to EVER set foot in wdw.

The world is rather “small” these days

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its possible that some guests may watch all of the Mandolorian, or Hamilton or another top-tier thing on Disney+ and then there is no point in subscribing once home. I don't think it would work as a "free trial" its more likely to be sold as an included benefit of staying on site.
That’s a good point. If you like Disney movies or Disney channel programs...there’s quite a bit of appeal on +

As far as original programming/draws...there isn’t much there yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom