News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Joel

Unless something even worse than a pandemic happens between now and then, the girlfriend and I will be down there the last week of October. Got our Studios reservation for the 25th. That should be plenty of time to get this baby running 100% smoothly with zero downtime, I would think.

KevinPage

Unless something even worse than a pandemic happens between now and then, the girlfriend and I will be down there the last week of October. Got our Studios reservation for the 25th. That should be plenty of time to get this baby running 100% smoothly with zero downtime, I would think.

Refresh my memory, have you been on it yet?

Us locals can’t book that far out, since our 3 PP allowance is usually tied up in the short term (me through beginning of Oct)

😢 🤮

68A5E475-2498-4A6A-83D7-654C7CC6EA1B.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
Groups just began calling again after a ~70 minute pause between group 54 and 55.

It looks like they're struggling again today. I was thinking of attempting a ride tomorrow at 2:00, but I might not make the effort if it looks like they're struggling again.

Did you end up going today?

Mike730

I'm sure this has been asked, but the last time I kept up with the boarding group process was during the crazy early morning cell phone restart 6:57:30 joining scheme.

Is there and "technique' to be used now? Or is it as simple as continuously refreshing the Join Virtual Que page starting at opening time?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I'm sure this has been asked, but the last time I kept up with the boarding group process was during the crazy early morning cell phone restart 6:57:30 joining scheme.

Is there and "technique' to be used now? Or is it as simple as continuously refreshing the Join Virtual Que page starting at opening time?

Not really - just refreshing. I sit on the "My Queues" page and then when the clock is at 9:59:55, I'll count down 5 seconds and click "Join Virtual Queue", which brings up the next page with a blue Join button if you timed it correctly.

You can also just sit on the "Join Virtual Queue" page and swipe down to refresh.

Joel

Refresh my memory, have you been on it yet?

Yeah, my sister and I did it in December. This was in the first few days when you had an hour or so to get a BG, though (as long as you got there at the actual opening instead of the posted opening time). We were only there in the morning long enough to ride the Falcon, enjoy a pretty empty Batuu, do Toy Story Land, and then hop on the Skyliner to Epcot for rope drop.

I kept walking back our BG every few minutes until it got up to 100-something. Figured we would either be back to do it in the evening or we'd get the FP and one day ticket they were giving out in those pre-backup BG days. Worked out just fine.

In other words, the entire experience was absolutely nothing like it will be this time.

mary2013

Oh they wish.
I'm planning on going December 2021. Would that be plenty of time to get this baby running 100% smoothly with zero downtime?

KevinPage

Not really - just refreshing. I sit on the "My Queues" page and then when the clock is at 9:59:55, I'll count down 5 seconds and click "Join Virtual Queue", which brings up the next page with a blue Join button if you timed it correctly.

You can also just sit on the "Join Virtual Queue" page and swipe down to refresh.

@Joel, I always sit on the main page (w/ the AT AT’s) and click JOIN right at 10am.

Does DC’s method of sitting on the My Queues screen give any benefit or hinderence?

KevinPage

Shouldn't really matter either way. Just do whatever you're comfortable with.

Figured as much, just wanted to check.

Also, is it confirmed that the larger your party size the longer it takes to process (as it checks each person) or has the automatic selection update removed that backend check?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom