R.I.P. CHADWICK BOSEMAN

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Original Poster
I know this is not Disneyland related per say and mods feel free to move it to the appropriate forum, but I just wanted to create a thread where we can all say REST IN PEACE to the man who played James Brown, Jackie Robinson, and T'Challa the Blank Panther. Gone too soon. He died on the day baseball celebrates Jackie Robinson Day. I would like to share a comforting quote from Black Panther himself, "In my culture, death is not the end. It is more of a stepping off point." This news honestly has hit me hard and I will admit I have been tearing up and crying for the past hour.

D.Silentu

I just returned from spending some time in the National Parks to get away from it all for a week. This was the news I returned to, a splash of ice water that puts me right back in the middle of this trying year. Sad for so many reasons. I had a lot of respect for him as an actor, but hearing now of his private struggles makes him feel all the more like a hero.

D.Silentu

I suspect this has to do with the fact that ABC is planning to air the movie, without commercial interruption. Hard to imagine why both screenings couldn't take place.

lazyboy97o

Disney doesn't want to look like it's trying to make a profit off someone's death. That's why they don't want theaters screening it.
Except Disney was not being accused of that, cancelled a screening intended to raise money for the American Cancer Society and could have similarly donated some or all of their fees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom