Is Rise of the Resistance worth the hype and stress?

Is Rise of the Resistance worth the hype and stress with VQ?

• Total voters

Mickey5150

It's the attraction that proves that Disney can build them better than they used to. Yes it's an IP, yes you need to pray to the tiki gods to get in a boarding group and yes you may not even get on it if you do. However it is an experience unlike any other in Disney. If nothing else, the struggle is worth it just to see mean cast members.

Parker in NYC

Yes. Just go into the situation with zero expectations. Consider that you don't get a boarding group (or whatever they're called now), consider that the attraction will break down. Consider that you may not see all of the attraction. Yes, this is all likely to happen at any attraction but let's be honest, don't kid yourself... there are many components and they don't always work on this beast of an attraction (more often than others. Period). But this is an investment, emotional and otherwise. But is the attraction worth it all? ABSOLUTELY. Just bring an adventurous attitude and no other concrete plans for the day other than death and taxes.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Let me ask this, is it actually difficult to get a boarding pass if you show up at rope drop at Hollywood Studios? At Disneyland, I was even able to secure boarding passes up to a half hour after rope drop.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let me ask this, is it actually difficult to get a boarding pass if you show up at rope drop at Hollywood Studios? At Disneyland, I was even able to secure boarding passes up to a half hour after rope drop.
Rope drop was effectively eliminated at wdw years ago.

The problem seems to be that they would have a huge influx of people at studios to do the virtual queue and there is little else to do. It’s a pathetically underbuilt park for the Florida crowds. So the flood was quick.

Not Disneyland. Different animal entirely.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I just wish that Disney's "best ride of all time" was literally anything other than Star Wars... God I hate star wars.

I get its popularity, though.

JusticeDisney

I think you will always be saying no, at least until the Star Wars Hotel, is available. There is no reason, since resort guests or walk in guests pay the same amount to enter the park. The parks and their attractions cannot be connected to the resorts. They are two different experiences that aren't in anyway connected to each other with the exception that they are both owned by Disney.

That reminds me... has there been any progress made on the hotel at all?
It’s true that resort guests and walk in guests pay the same price to enter the park, but given that resort guests might be paying Disney $500 or more per night to stay on property, an argument could certainly be made that they should get some extra benefits once inside the park. Just my $.02 anyway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s true that resort guests and walk in guests pay the same price to enter the park, but given that resort guests might be paying Disney $500 or more per night to stay on property, an argument could certainly be made that they should get some extra benefits once inside the park. Just my $.02 anyway.

Choosing to pay inflated prices for your hotel room is 100% on the customer.

That price gets you access to the room. Not much more. It has very limited “perks”...namely the occasional addition park hours (ticket sold separately) and access to the hotel pool.

Nothing else. Not even access to the hotel restaurants.

What makes sense is access to every ride that every guest pays for. Period. Proper capacity.

Not restrictions due to demand they created due to mismanagement.

JusticeDisney

Choosing to pay inflated prices for your hotel room is 100% on the customer.

That price gets you access to the room. Not much more. It has very limited “perks”...namely the occasional addition park hours (ticket sold separately) and access to the hotel pool.

Nothing else. Not even access to the hotel restaurants.

What makes sense is access to every ride that every guest pays for. Period. Proper capacity.

Not restrictions due to demand they created due to mismanagement.
And choosing to save money to stay off site is 100% on the customer. You get what you pay for in life. But I otherwise agree with what you’re saying.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And choosing to save money to stay off site is 100% on the customer. You get what you pay for in life. But I otherwise agree with what you’re saying.
That’s not a counterpoint.

Buying a room from Disney doesn’t not include any park access privileges beyond extra magic hours.

So that’s when you go to get access to a ride if not available during the Normal day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually, it is a counterpoint. You just missed my point. That’s okay though.
You said that’s people choosing to stay off site has “consequences”...at least that’s the way I read it.

But other than magic hours...that’s not true at all.

Ticket is a ticket regardless of hotel. That’s not debatable.

JusticeDisney

You said that’s people choosing to stay off site has “consequences”...at least that’s the way I read it.

But other than magic hours...that’s not true at all.

Ticket is a ticket regardless of hotel. That’s not debatable.
I’m sorry if that’s how it came across. That’s not what I was trying to say. I wasn’t saying that staying on property DOES give you any added park benefits (other than extra magic hours, like you mentioned). What I was saying was that, in my opinion, it wouldn’t be unreasonable if Disney ever did decide to add some new park benefits that are exclusive to people staying on property. Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m sorry if that’s how it came across. That’s not what I was trying to say. I wasn’t saying that staying on property DOES give you any added park benefits (other than extra magic hours, like you mentioned). What I was saying was that, in my opinion, it wouldn’t be unreasonable if Disney ever did decide to add some new park benefits that are exclusive to people staying on property. Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that.
That’s fair

However...they’ll monetize it. So it will be paid fast pass through one means or another

Goofyernmost

Anybody that is willing to pay $500 per night for a 3 or 4 star accommodation really doesn't deserve any more perks. They already have to much money whereas many of the day trippers do not. They are not entitled to anything other then the Disney resort experience which is what they are paying for when they check in the resort. The parks are just more easily accessible and they already got a huge jump on Fastpass and ADR's. That is enough. They can even have an easier time getting to rope drop then those that stay offsite, so they have that advantage as well. Those of us that do not stay onsite really don't want to be treated like second class citizens anymore then we all ready are. What made Disney famous was the original first come, first serve setup that existed. We all were treated equally regardless of our financial situation. It was that real escape from the real world that we were after and that is slowly being taken away from us because of entitlement.

JusticeDisney

Anybody that is willing to pay $500 per night for a 3 or 4 star accommodation really doesn't deserve any more perks. They already have to much money whereas many of the day trippers do not. They are not entitled to anything other then the Disney resort experience which is what they are paying for when they check in the resort. The parks are just more easily accessible and they already got a huge jump on Fastpass and ADR's. That is enough. They can even have an easier time getting to rope drop then those that stay offsite, so they have that advantage as well. Those of us that do not stay onsite really don't want to be treated like second class citizens anymore then we all ready are. What made Disney famous was the original first come, first serve setup that existed. We all were treated equally regardless of our financial situation. It was that real escape from the real world that we were after and that is slowly being taken away from us because of entitlement.
I agree with most of what you’re saying, but sadly you are describing a world that doesn’t exist anymore. In the world that we currently live in, you get what you pay for, fair or not.

As for your statement that onsite guests already get enough perks, while you’re certainly entitled to that opinion, there are plenty of people who could reasonably think otherwise. It is what it is.

Regarding your comment about “3 or 4 star accommodations,” people are paying for much more than the actual room itself. They are also paying for things like amenities and location. Taking that into account, I personally have no qualms about paying north of $500 a night to stay in a deluxe resort. I can only speak for myself, but I feel like I’m getting plenty for my money, notwithstanding the fact that I agree that the actual rooms, standing alone, are not worthy of that type of money.

Anyway, like I said before, just my $.02.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom