Muppets Now Coming to Disney +

Phroobar

I want to love it so much but....I don't know. Muppet Labs with Bunsen and Beaker have been great and I enjoyed the Swedish Chef but some of the other sketches fall flat for me. And like, what is with so few sketches? The first time I saw the Lifesty with Miss Piggy or the cooking segment with Swedish Chef it was like "awesome" and now I'm like, don't they have other ideas? It's like they have four rotating sketches and that is it. Even the same guest stars- Taye Diggs and Linda Cardelli (spelling?). Like, ummmmmmm. Is that it? They need more wth Gonzo and Rizzo, Raplh, the Electric Mayhem, Kermit, new muppets, etc. It's okay, and the muppets are always a joy for me but I find myself looking at my phone and multi-tasking while I watch and that should not be the case.
Exactly! Why are there only four sketches and they are the same thing every time? Those four sketches are supposed to be improv but it feels very scripted and not funny. Where is the zanniness?

The Muppets need music! Where are the musical numbers?

Muppets Now is painful to watch what Disney is doing to them.

mf1972

i haven’t watched the last 3 episodes as of yet, but it sounds like i’m not missing much. from what i have seen, it’s not really that good. might’ve mentioned it earlier, but i actually enjoyed the show abc had on a few years ago. leaned a little more to some adult humor, but i liked it.

erasure fan1

might’ve mentioned it earlier, but i actually enjoyed the show abc had on a few years ago. leaned a little more to some adult humor, but i liked it.
We rewatched it a couple weeks ago and it was better than I remember. If they had been more original and more creative, maybe people would have stuck with it.

Phroobar

Why can't Muppets Now have some country or pop stars come on to sing a song with the Muppets? Why not use some of those Disney channel pop stars?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom